Highlighted
Honored Contributor

See the dog in  my avatar? He was kooper, he was  with me for 15  yrs, 7 months.summer of 2015 005.JPG

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Here is a picture of a friend's big golden with my pup from last summer @goldensrbest  Your Kooper was beautiful.480.jpg

Super Contributor

@threecees 

Meadow is ADORABLE!!  Looks like you have a very smart, caring and sensitive boy.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadloverThank you for such a lovely post.  We have always had both dogs and cats, and believe me, they are not just a dog or just a cat.  They are family members and we mourn those we have lost.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

JUST MY DOG

He is just my dog.  He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds my other ears that hear above the winds.  He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.  He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being by the way he rests against my leg by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile by the way he shows his hurt whan I leave without taking him (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me)  When I am wrong he is delighted to forgive when I am angry he clowns to make me smile when I am happy he is joy unbounded when I am a fool he ignores it when I succeed he brags Without him I am only another man with him I am all powerful He is loyality itself he has tought me the meaning of devotion with him I know a secret comfort and a private peace He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant His head on my knee can heal my human hurts His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things He has promised to wait for me whenever wherever in case I need him and I expect I always have He is just my dog.

author unknown

I thought this might be something you would like.

Esteemed Contributor

I love dogs. They are my fur babies. Our kids are young adults now but we always have our GSD's. I've had people say to me --oh, it's just a dog or it's just an animal. My reply is you're just an idiot.  

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest   My Krypto is now 15, hence my nickname! 

I treasure every day with him!

Respected Contributor

Image result for not just a dog

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Oh, I just love that. Can you tell me where you got it?  I used to have 3 but sadly One of my girls went to the Rainbow Bridge last November.  We miss our Lulubelle so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Oh, I just love that. Can you tell me where you got it?  I used to have 3 but sadly One of my girls went to the Rainbow Bridge last November.  We miss our Lulubelle so much!

@silkyk Hoping you see thisSmiley Wink