Respected Contributor

i had to say goodbye to my dog for a few weeks

i am having major surgery on tuesday and i will be out of comission for a two or three weeks and would be unable to care for maddie at all ... and so she has gone to the other side of the state to dd's for a vacation.   it's GOOD for her, because her three cousin dogs will keep her entertained and dd has a big backyard with some agility equipment.  their place is kinda like disney for dogs.   maddie will have a wonderful time, but OMG i miss her so much!  i am so grateful that i have this wonderful option. 

Respected Contributor

Re: i had to say goodbye to my dog for a few weeks

You’re doing the right thing @fancy pantsy . It’s gotta be hard for you but it’s time to take care of YOU.  So glad you have such a great place for Maddie and it sounds like it’s going to be much harder for you. Isn’t it amazing how our little four-legged babies fill our hearts.

Glad you wrote so we can keep you in our thoughts and send you good wishes.

Trusted Contributor

@fancy pantsy I know that was hard, so glad you had a great place to send your baby. The only time I've been away from mine was overnight for an appendix removal. I kept waking up looking for my little guys, who sleep with me. I really missed warm puppies. They're very addicting. Smiley Happy

I will pray your surgery and recovery go well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck to you with your surgery @fancy pantsy .

Maddie sounds like she will be in good hands and have some wonderful

company around her. You won't have to worry about her.

Hope you heal quickly. Take care of yourself. 

It will be a wonderful day when you reunite with your girl!

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy bless your heart! Good luck with surgery. You're doing the right thing for your dog. Glad you have the dog for when you start feeling better.

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy   I'm so sorry you're having to be without your dog for so long, but very glad she has such a good place to go.  At least you won't worry about her being stressed while she's gone.  She'll be in a great place.

I wish you well with your surgery.  I hope you have someone to stay with you and help you during your recovery.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

I wish you the best with your surgery & recovery.  Take good care of yourself when recovering.  If possible, I hope you'll have friends/family that will be able to assist you when needed.

While she misses you, I'm sure your Sweet Maddie is thanking you right now for her vacation.  Rest assured, she'll be very happy to be back with you in your home together.

Look forward to you reunion with Sweet Maddie.  I'm sending you both Blessings ...

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy, I wish you a successful surgery and recovery. You will be able to rest without worry knowing Maddie is staying at a nice resort with good friends.  Sounds like a nice summer camp for her.  I hope you heal quickly!  

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with your surgery and  resting afterwards knowing your Maddie is safe and enjoying her vacation!

Respected Contributor

More good wishes for your surgery and rapid recovery!

One question?  Does your DD take people at her doggie resort?  Sounds wonderful!

Denise