Frequent Contributor

finally got one over on my cats

If you are a cat owner you know that when you are frantically looking all over the house for your cat how aggravating it can be when they do not come when called. I will not leave my house  or go to bed at night unless I know where both my cats are.

I finally found a cure it took me long enough. I pull up "youtube" crank up the volume and go to Maine Coon cat meowing. I play that and they come running. hee hee I love it .

wish i had done it years ago would have kept me from being late on several occasions.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: finally got one over on my cats

I wish my owners were more like you. Before, I had to put my three pets down over the past few years of course.  I never went to bed  or left for work without a head count.

I was so annoyed with one of my neighbors this morning. I leave for work really early in the morning. A little after 4:00 a.m.  I turn the corner in my car and my neighbors dog is sitting out on the sidewalk. She is a sweetheart and gorgeous, big dog. However,  she does tend to walk out the door frequently when they have the door open, and they forget that she is outside.

Respected Contributor

@2boxers wrote:

If you are a cat owner you know that when you are frantically looking all over the house for your cat how aggravating it can be when they do not come when called. I will not leave my house  or go to bed at night unless I know where both my cats are.

I finally found a cure it took me long enough. I pull up "youtube" crank up the volume and go to Maine Coon cat meowing. I play that and they come running. hee hee I love it .

wish i had done it years ago would have kept me from being late on several occasions.

That's too funny.  I've unintentionally played a video with cats yeowling (which got their attention) but never though to use it to get a head count.  Well played!

Denise
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm owned by a precious 14 - yr old American Cocker and am a real catlover.  When I find a cute cat video I play it, but have to stop because my furbaby starts barking.  Guess I could use earbuds.  Love cats.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Aw ... how sweet.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that Bogey comes when I call ....  his big brother is a German Pincher terrier and since Skippy always comes when he's called, so does my little Bogey.   Heart   It would never occur to him not to.   

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I wish my owners were more like you. Before, I had to put my three pets down over the past few years of course.  I never went to bed  or left for work without a head count.

I was so annoyed with one of my neighbors this morning. I leave for work really early in the morning. A little after 4:00 a.m.  I turn the corner in my car and my neighbors dog is sitting out on the sidewalk. She is a sweetheart and gorgeous, big dog. However,  she does tend to walk out the door frequently when they have the door open, and they forget that she is outside.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When I had cats, I was calling one most of the day, and finally he came out from under the deck where he'd been enjoying the lazy summer afternoon.

Another one got into the armoire where my sweaters were, and was there all day.  Not a peep out of her.  Cats do love sweaters.

If I ever have a house with more than one cat again, it'll be head counts every day.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.