Honored Contributor

Re: curbside pickup only at my Vet Office STILL

@kittyloo wrote:

i am in oregon. same thing here. we are going to the vet today. call when you arrive, they come out to pick up your pet.  went to the dentist the other day. you just have to wear your mask to the chair, and as you walk out.  stupid. 

BTW were there any NON covid deaths last year? just sayin'

@kittyloo  In the beginning of all this our vet in town(not the one we go to now) died of Covid. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

i am in oregon. same thing here. we are going to the vet today. call when you arrive, they come out to pick up your pet.  went to the dentist the other day. you just have to wear your mask to the chair, and as you walk out.  stupid. 

BTW were there any NON covid deaths last year? just sayin'

@kittyloo  In the beginning of all this our vet in town(not the one we go to now) died of Covid. 

i'm not saying that there have been no covid deaths.  what i am saying is last year there didn't seem to be any non covid deaths.  numbers don't make sense. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo   Be happy you don’t personally know anyone who died from either Covid or some other cause.

Be very happy.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  We switched to a mobile Vet service and I absolutely love the care they provide, plus I only have to take my kitties out to our driveway, no more stressing them out. 

@hayseed00  Interestng option!

Super Contributor

We are still struggling to manage the spread of COVID and while things seem to be moving in a more hopeful direction CDC guidelines and common sense dictate caution.  Everyone has their personal take on how much exposure they are comfortable with but I personally have no issue with offices imposing limitations as long as they notify people.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Vets have a racket going, the don't have to deal with bothersome owners or do a thorough checkup yet continue to charge an exorbitant fee.  I won't be participating until they get back to normal.  I predict there'll soon be a backlash to this practice as people don't like it. 

@Kachina624     I hope they go back to letting people in.  I want to take my new rescue in but have so many questions etc and need to talk to her with the dog there... so I will wait 6 months or more if necessary....

Respected Contributor

@catter70 - We have the same situation at one animal hospital (at least) in NJ.  I cannot stand their policy.  Thankfully, my dog's holistic vet allows me in for the entire visit.  My dog is old, and he is afraid of other dogs.  He doesn't need the stress of having an examination without me being present.  Only if your dog is dying will they let you into their building--- unless, of course, it is to pay your bill.  Then, they sure will let you inside-- very quickly, too.  

I am thinking of finding another dog hospital.  Even humans are allowed to have one family member in at a hospital to help advocate for them.  Why can't our voiceless pets have the same courtesy?  

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@catter70 - We have the same situation at one animal hospital (at least) in NJ.  I cannot stand their policy.  Thankfully, my dog's holistic vet allows me in for the entire visit.  My dog is old, and he is afraid of other dogs.  He doesn't need the stress of having an examination without me being present.  Only if your dog is dying will they let you into their building--- unless, of course, it is to pay your bill.  Then, they sure will let you inside-- very quickly, too.  

I am thinking of finding another dog hospital.  Even humans are allowed to have one family member in at a hospital to help advocate for them.  Why can't our voiceless pets have the same courtesy?  

@Jersey Born  We can't even go on to pay the bill. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden No.Va here and my vet is the same.  But they have a very small waiting area (small building) and they handle plenty of the over 65 crowd's pets who hesitate to go inside still.  So in order to accomidate they are still doing the pick up in parking lot.   they only allow for one person & their (pet(s) in the office at a time if you need to come in (sometimes you need the pet ower in the office with the pet). So yes when you get there you call and they come get your pet.  If you are one of the pet owners that needs to come inside they call you back and let you know when it's ok to come inside.   As annoying as it is I do understand the fact that they have older pet owners who aren't as comfortable going inside.  

Occasional Contributor

Yes here in Massachusetts it is drop off only at the Vet still.  I wait in the car and the Vet calls.  My 9 month old puppy hates going there.