Honored Contributor

curbside pickup only at my Vet Office STILL

I live in Washington State... things are opening up more and more. I go to my dentist and doctor,   restaurants and bowing alleys are open as are gyms....yet, my vet will not let pet owners come in during the exam. I just called to see where they were standing on that and it remains the same... 

I can not understand what the big deal is. The vet  and just one owner and the dog is in the room and wearing masks.... No different than going to the doctor without the dog. I have had my vaccine shots so I am good.... I guess I might call around and see it any other vets are open for regular business.

Are your vets making you stay in the car still? 

Honored Contributor

Re: curbside pickup only at my Vet Office STILL

[ Edited ]

Yes. Everything is open around here and has been for quite awhile. Went to the vet two weeks ago and couldn't get out of the car at all. The cat needed many tests and we waited a good long time. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden  We switched to a mobile Vet service and I absolutely love the care they provide, plus I only have to take my kitties out to our driveway, no more stressing them out. 

Respected Contributor

I'm in Pa. and I just called yesterday to take my cat in for his checkup. You have to call when you get there, then they'll call you when you can bring your pet to the door, then call to discuss the checkup, then you go to the enclosed area where you pay your bill, then they call you to come back to the door to pick up pet. Geez.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the vet does not want to be exposed?  Maybe she is caring for a sick father?  Why get near a unmasked pet parent or have an altercation?

I am friends with a vet like that.

Honored Contributor

Mine never did.

We do have to call the office when we arrive and they only let one client in at a time, but otherwise everything is the same (other than everyone wearing face coverings).  

My vet is a one-man operation with just two other employees.  They said they just didn't have enough people to handle the pets without the owners.

I was delighted since there is no way my dog would have anything to do with anyone, especially the vet, without me.

Honored Contributor

i am in maryland and ours is curbside only also.

i will say that they do not have a large waiting area, so i am sure that is one of the reasons why.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Maybe the vet does not want to be exposed?  Maybe she is caring for a sick father?  Why get near a unmasked pet parent or have an altercation?

I am friends with a vet like that.

@Still Raining  We are masked when the attendant comes to the car and takes down info and payment. Everyone in my area follows the rules with masks and no one goes in a store without one. That's why we're almost totally open.

Honored Contributor

Vets have a racket going, the don't have to deal with bothersome owners or do a thorough checkup yet continue to charge an exorbitant fee.  I won't be participating until they get back to normal.  I predict there'll soon be a backlash to this practice as people don't like it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i am in oregon. same thing here. we are going to the vet today. call when you arrive, they come out to pick up your pet.  went to the dentist the other day. you just have to wear your mask to the chair, and as you walk out.  stupid. 

BTW were there any NON covid deaths last year? just sayin'