Frequent Contributor
any recommended cat trees. I moved to a tiny apartment and need to get my cat elevated up to see out. she is 15 but agile
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I would have to second the steps that @Desertdi posted.  They are easy for the kitty to walk up and see the outside world.  

Cat trees are great for younger cats but an older cat might have difficulty jumping up to each level.

Respected Contributor

Won't help you, but this is the ultimate cat tree:

ultimate cat tree.jpg

We have an open concept FL home and our entire house was a cat tree for our former bengal cats.

cimg0308.jpg

Denise
Respected Contributor

For some reason my cat does not like cat trees.  She just refuses them.  And would prefer to sit on the narrow windowsil to look out or just stand on her hind legs and stretch to see out there.  I moved a chair to right in front of one of the windows, placed a very cushy throw pillow on it and now it's a go to spot for her.  For christmas last year my nephew bought us one of those clear bird feeders that attach to an outside window so in that room where I installed it,  I moved an upholstered ottoman right in front of that window and it's perfect (purrfect!)  Btw, we both love that bird feeder.  

Also, those stairs that were posted are great for an older kitty.  maybe not needed now, but good to know about.  

@lucky123 

Esteemed Contributor

We have two cat trees and they get used all of the time.  In fact, our Cassie sleeps in hers.  You can get them locally or check out Chewy.  I see that many places now have sales.  I think the thing that Cassie likes best is being able to have the top layer open so that she can look outside.  She also sleeps there all day.

@lucky123  I would get one that has some nooks because cats do like to hide or have privacy.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I like the Cat Condo brand.  Got mine on Amazon a few years ago.  I have several around the house, most by windows so my cats can see outside.  

I like them because they're very sturdy so my cats can zoom up and down and they stay stable, although some styles are more stable than others.  Also I liked that they came fulled assembled.  And they've  lasted well.

Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Won't help you, but this is the ultimate cat tree:

ultimate cat tree.jpg

We have an open concept FL home and our entire house was a cat tree for our former bengal cats.

cimg0308.jpg

Bengal cats are one of the most beautiful cats.  Their markings are so striking.  We used to have a few who came into the hospital and I just fell in love with them.

Super Contributor

I liked several from Petco as well as Amazon. its a matter of space and how to put together. I got one already assembled. it was heavy to lug up the stairs, but worth it! 

tons of options out there. in addition to towers, there are window slings which look good. 

cats love to be up high and to look outside, so good for you for looking for one for your cat(s).