Honored Contributor

My little red golden,cambrige has environmental allergies,last year was really bad for her,,i tried so many things  ,ended up with meds from vet, this year i started biotin human grade, i am happy to say this has helped her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  Could you please tell us the kind and amount you give your dog?  I'm curious since my lab has seasonal allergies in the spring. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I hope this helps your baby.  There is nothing worse than watching a pet suffer.

Good luck!!

Trusted Contributor

Biotin is very good for hair and nails in humans, but I don't believe science has even begun to find all the value of this vitamin. I have peripheral neuropathy and when I went to a local medical center they didn't know what was wrong with me. Instead of my condition progressing (getting worse), it remained the same. My neurologist asked me if there was *anything* I was taking or doing that was different. I'd forgotten to tell him I was taking Biotin. He'd just read a European journal that said Biotin could do this. 

Surely, dogs get the same medical problems as humans. I don't know of any side effects of Biotin but wouldn't it be nice if it did have a positive effect upon our pets?

Thank you for sharing this.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My little red golden,cambrige has environmental allergies,last year was really bad for her,,i tried so many things  ,ended up with meds from vet, this year i started biotin human grade, i am happy to say this has helped her.

Allergy-wise or fur-wise?

Honored Contributor

I bought generic biotin at bj whole sale; club, 5000 mg, i give her one a day, it has helped allergy wise,and fur wise,she lost hair last year,got infection on skin,i tried shampoos, addtives to food ,many things,and yes the perception meds from vet helped lot ,but man$ 80.00 a month is just so high ,this year i only give her half a pill every so often, this biotin has helped her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.