Trusted Contributor

maybe coming to live with me.

i got a call last night from my neighbor.  his friend's neice has one and she may turn it over to me because she just got a french bull dog puppy and the boston doesn't like the puppy.

i told him to have her call me and i will take it or find it agood home.  i rescue bostons and can find it a home in less then five minutes.  but i think i just may keep it if gets along with my dogs.

i do not know the age or the sex of the dog yet.  but i do know the owner is flakey

Honored Contributor

I think it's really rotten the the owner would give away the dog that he has lived with for however many years because he doesn't like the new puppy.  It would seem like he should return the puppy rather than give away his dog.  I don't understand some people at all.  I'm glad you would be able to take the Boston Terrier from him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

it happens all the time.  my one boston can to me in much thae same manner.  she had a litter of one pup.  the owner decided that the pup was cuter then her so they turned over the mother and kept the pup.  lucky for me and freckles.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover  You are wonderful.  I hate that so many people just throw away their dogs. 

Last Saturday, a woman who lives a few miles from here brought her 4 year old dog over so that we could see if she and Happy would get along.  They did not.  This woman has children who love this dog.  I know that I crossed the line talking to her, but she is giving the dog away because of a boyfriend.  That is outrageous.   Anyway, the dog is much too large and solid for me at my age, Happy did not like her, but she was the sweetest dog.  I am now printing flyers and trying to get this dog a home and she doesn't belong to me.  What is the matter with people?

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

people do this all the time and i hate it.  theyu fail to note the the pet is a living animal anmd deserves better.

Super Contributor

Re: another boston

[ Edited ]

I don't kow the whole story about the lady giving up the Boston terrier in favor of the new puppy.  But I have been in the same position of having two dogs that just don't get along together.  

On the one hand, you want to keep the dog that you've had the longest.  On the other hand, it might be easier to find him a home rather than a dog that has aggressive tendencies.  

And, you want to do something fairly quickly before the older dog develops fear issues or gets injured.  

Valued Contributor

I have had 2 males and 3 females.  All rescues and I loved them dearly.   One thing I found out  doing research is that some of them do not get along with other dogs.

Be careful when introducing one to your pack.  A glancing blow to the head can dislocate an eye in an instant.

Trusted Contributor

the wowman has three other dogs and they all get long.  it seems that this boston is just picking on the new puppy.  i do need t check out the dog .  i ma have to find it another home.  but it is still all up in the air that she will even turn over the dog.

the woman has no real sense of what is right or wrong with anything.  people can tell her things and they go right ver her head

Trusted Contributor

i ave not heard frm the woman on the boston.  i do not know what she is going to do with the dog.