Esteemed Contributor

I have complained on these boards about all manner of stress these past few months, my knee replacement followed by a bout with c-diff intestinal infection I am still fighting, my husband's Early Alzheimer’s, my mother’s broken hip, my daughter’s autoimmune disease diagnosis...all in less than six months. Well now my beagle is sick. My husband will have to take her to the vet tonight....lucky to get an appointment. She is throwing up non stop. She may have gotten into something but she is an inside dog. I hope she’ll be ok. Dogs can get c-diff but vomiting is her only symptom. She’d have problems on the other end if she had caught it. Nevertheless we are taking no chances. This is just too much!

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, I hope your puppy is ok.  I hate when the pets get sick. Always a worry.  You’ve had more than your share of difficult issues lately.  Hoping you see a change of tide soon.  LM

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for the stress in your life right now.

It's hard dealing with your health problems plus also dealing with others at the same time.

Hope your dog will be ok.

We have been dealing with a lot of the same. My FIL passed away Thurs before Christmas, his wife's sisters husband passed away on Christmas & her daughter's husband passed away almost 2 wks before Christmas.

Now my dads in the hospital. He was admitted with pneumonia, broken ribs, blood sugar over 400. Now he's not making sense. It's hard dealing with this over the phone.

I'm dealing with allergies & the doctor gave me Patanol for my eyes. Now I have a sore throat & headache which are side effects. Cannot figure out what I'm allergic to.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian   I've heard of a dog flu that has appeared in some places; how about yours?  Sure hope she snaps out of it and is better soon.  Let us know what the vet says.  You've had more than your share of misfortune for sure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well that is just what you needed right now.Holy crow you have got to have the most health problems I have ever heard of all happening at once in one household.I wonder if you have any mould growing somewhere that is making you sick.I watched a show a long time ago about a family who all became very ill one by one and it was discovered to be mould.They had to leave the house to get well.

Valued Contributor

@Vivian,Oh dear friend,Do not  throw I.n the The towel just yet.Maybe he ate something that didn't agree, maybe some fur. You are being prayed for and puppy.In the middle of mini horse crisis ,so I am already on my knees. Sending you love ,hugs and ,yes peace friend....MaryAnne

Trusted Contributor

I just saw on the news this morning that there is a very contagieous dog gastrointestinal virus going around.  Prayers to you in hopes that more peaceful days ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian So sorry that you’re so stressed.I wish you the best going forward!! Hang in there.

Valued Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I have complained on these boards about all manner of stress these past few months, my knee replacement followed by a bout with c-diff intestinal infection I am still fighting, my husband's Early Alzheimer’s, my mother’s broken hip, my daughter’s autoimmune disease diagnosis...all in less than six months. Well now my beagle is sick. My husband will have to take her to the vet tonight....lucky to get an appointment. She is throwing up non stop. She may have gotten into something but she is an inside dog. I hope she’ll be ok. Dogs can get c-diff but vomiting is her only symptom. She’d have problems on the other end if she had caught it. Nevertheless we are taking no chances. This is just too much!

Take a breath and reflect on all the things you are thankful for. Stress is very powerful and affects our health drastically. You can't control these things that have happened but you can continue to take care of yourself and give your family love and support. Sending you my best wishes. 

Trusted Contributor

OMG I'm am so very sorry for everything you've been going through.  

I've had 3 beagles, all inside dogs too, but it seemed as though they always managed some how to eat something (grass, dirt, etc.) they should not have, no matter how close I watched them, and they would get issues (both ends).  

Best of luck to you, stay strong, sending hugs your way!!