Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz @Vivian Prayers for you and your loved ones and pets. 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for all of your troubles--when it rains, it pours so they say--it's true.

My Gracie was diagnosed with peripheral vestibular disease on Saturday---she is doing better with that condition--however---at 3am today she started with terrible diarrhea--had it three more times until 8am--I called our vet and he wanted a stool sample--hubby brought it in and the vet saw a lot of bad bacteria and mucus in it---and so now my baby Gracie has an intestinal infection!! Where did she pick that up? She also in our house most of the time. Did she get it while at the vet for the vestibular condition five days ago? Did she pick it up in our yard (although I don't know how--the ground is snowy and icy--we got 7 inches of snow the other day)? She is now taking Flagyl, Amoxicillin, steroids and a motion sickness pill. My poor baby!!! Not to mention the expense--$700 in vet/drug bills and counting. Hopefully this is the end for awhile of vet expenses--my Gracie needs a break (and so do we!).

I had not heard there is an intestinal bug going around in dogs--that's interesting.

I will say prayers for you Vivian--and for your beloved beagle. I also hope your fur baby is OK!!! Please let us know!!! God bless!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Graciesmommy, your dog sounds like me. I was hospitalized for surgery and got an intestinal infection. Sometimes it’s due to antibiotic treatment..,at least in us humans...but I’d bet in dogs too. Of course these infections are rampant in human and veterinary facilities, sorry to say. They are also in the soil and even with inside dogs, those outside walks expose dogs to these rotten infections.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: and now my dog is sick

[ Edited ]

OMG you have so much on your plate right now. Reading your post makes me ashamed of myself for all the whining I've been doing the past week over what I now realize are petty things and that I have much to be grateful for. I hope tomorrow everything has settled down and you, your husband and your pet are all feeling so much better and that each day brings you blessings.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian. I have a soft spot for beagles....have 2 of my own. I’ll be praying that your beagle has nothing serious and that your problems in life will ease and allow you some peace soon.

💕

Esteemed Contributor

The vet thinks the dog is OK. My only niggling concern is that I gave my husband a list of Maddie’s symptoms and the fact I have c-diff, but with his memory problems, my husband forgot to refer to my list, so I don’t know what the vet knew. I couldn’t go to the vet because I still have c-diff so I will just hope my pup is ok but I will watch carefully. I am starting to feel better so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian-

So many things y9ou are going thru!

I just wanted to say if she is throwing up non-stop, I wouldn't wait til tonight. I'd either call again and let them know you consider this an emergency, can't they see her now.

Or find an emergency vet. If you put that in your search bar-"emergency vets near zip code...", that will pull them up.

I hope things start to ease up for you soon-you have had enough of this right?! Amen!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Vivian  Is there a way you can e-mail your Vet and give him your dog's symptoms?  My Vet has a website with a "contact us" section, and I can e-mail my Vet with questions.  You could also call the Vet's office and make sure your Vet knows you have c-diff.  I would do one of these two things.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: and now my dog is sick

[ Edited ]

NickNack, I’ll contact the vet if I see any more problems. Since I am finally feeling better I can take more control over observing Maddie. This morning Maddie seems ok so I am hoping she ingested something from outside and gave it all back yesterday.