Respected Contributor

Checking in on our regular pet appearances here:  Sweet Frankie, Henry & Ava .. any others I missed?

So, I've missed seeing & hearing their progress & their 4th of July fun or fright (fireworks!!) 

I hope none of them got very frightened.  Our neighborhood was very loud & some lasted to 12:30 AM.  Someone stopped my hubby while he was walking Connie & asked if he saw their little white dog.  

I hope all you precious furbabies check in to say "hello."  We're going for a ride shortly but I hope you give a "bark" or "meow" for when I check in later.

Have a peaceful & enjoyable afternoon.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You're all Missed!

[ Edited ]

My little Maltie,Cozi,was ok thankfully.He was snuggled up next to me in bed. There were a few really loud ones earlier in the day by other people that scared him very much,the cops took care of those people, ,but the ones my partying neighbor did  around 9 pm ,though very loud didn't bother him at all and my neighbor only did them for 1/2 hr.

Their party seemed to be all men all day ,dressed alike (some sort of group)   They cooked, hiis wife served and that was it. A pretty quiet party.lol I don't know where their 2 little kiddies were.

I couldn't complain anyway,since,I'm embarrassed to say, when I was young we shot off many fireworks at our BBQ's..lol my dh even blew up my dads mailbox.

I  feel sorry for animals and birds  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast   I took Ava out around 8:30 so I wouldn't have to take her out during the fireworks.  They didn't seem to bother her or Henry.  I was glad.  

I hope your neighbor found his dog.  I feel sorry for the birds and wildlife during the fireworks.  

Hope you enjoyed your ride today.  I was thinking about taking Ava with me to go thru Starbucks drive-thru but not sure I'm going to go.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness my two kitties aren't bothered by fireworks, which went on until 1:30. And they started around 8:00.

There's a ton of missing dogs in my area, no doubt scared by all the illegal fireworks. Without an exact address, the police won't respond. Sickening for all the poor pets and vets with PTSD.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy does not hear well and had quite an adventure yesterday, so she slept through all of the noise.  Maui and Cassie do not seem to care.  Bud, on the other hand, was terrified.

I help with a cat colony around the corner from me and I was very worried about them. Luckily, all of the neighbors there have cameras into the park, so I hope all went well.

@sceniccoast  I hope that your neighbors found their little dog.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

The fireworks were crazy here, more than the usual. 

Gabriel was very upset.  They started here around 830 until 10 pm.  Then more at 12 am.  Poor Gabe didn't know what was going on, he wanted to go outside, but it was so loud and lots of displays in the skies, he got even more upset, running in circles,  hair on his back was up, and tail between his legs.  So naturally he ran back inside.  Hes easy to calm, but he kept barking, and I have my 1 yr old grandson with me, who I was concerned would wake up.  Gabe is only 2, and really doesn't understand all the noise since it's new to him.  Teaspoon my 15 yr Maltese wouldn't go out, but shes losing hearing, so she slept through it on my bed. She used to shake.

Might be another round tonight...UGHHH.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Dazlin 

I feel sorry for your poor little Gabe.  Can't imagine the fear that goes thru them.

I'm glad it didn't wake up your sleepyhead grandson.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry Gabe was so upset @Dazlin .  It sounds like it was bad enough that you might want to consider asking your Vet for something to give him next year.  My sister's dog was very upset this year, too.  She's two years old.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Hi @MalteseMomma 

I'm glad all went well in your neighborhood.  You're fortunate to have courteous neighbors.  I can picture your Sweet Cozi snuggled up beside you, his personal bodyguard.

Please give your Sweet Cozi a hug from me.  I feel sorry for all wildlife as well.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma   I'm glad your Cozi was okay.  I love that name!

-Henry David Thoreau