Honored Contributor

Re: Yorkie 'Hero' in My Hometown!

@KingstonsMom   The article and video didn't say anything about how the dog is doing or is expected to do.  I hate that it was shot twice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Thank you so much for posting that!

OMG, the woman and her niece could have been shot, also. I watched the video, and little Starla really is a hero! Hobbling around with her injuries, you can tell she's still as feisty as ever. You can tell her owner loves her very muchđź’ž.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Watch the video in the above link with the story, it shows the Yorkie and how well she's doing, she's a cutie lil' warrior!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack 

Watch the video in the above link with the story, it shows the Yorkie and how well she's doing, she's a cutie lil' warrior!

@KingstonsMom   I did watch the video before I posted.  I was glad to see the Yorkie, but nothing was mentioned about whether it would recover fully.  I would imagine they talked about it, but it wasn't in the video.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack 

@KingstonsMom   I did watch the video before I posted.  I was glad to see the Yorkie, but nothing was mentioned about whether it would recover fully.  I would imagine they talked about it, but it wasn't in the video.

p.s. @KingstonsMom   Did it show or say anything in the last five seconds or so of the video?  All I saw was the yorkie sitting on her lap.  The end of the video didn't show anything.  I had a feeling maybe I missed something.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady 

You're very welcome, it took me a bit of searching, but worth it for brave Starla to be recognized!

If you hadn't made the request, I wouldn't have searched for the video that we all could enjoy, so thank you for asking!

I did see that besides our local tv station, the story is on CNN too. 

Maybe Starla can get a 'bravery award' or something from an animal advocate group!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

The video showed Starla in her lap while she described what happened, video from the doorbell cam showing the home invaders breaking in and the end shows Starla hobbling around on the floor.

It does say they expect Starla to make a full recovery, but the owner said she has to make sure she doesn't reopen her incisions, that's why she's mostly in her lap or being carried around.

Respected Contributor

TERRIERS RULE!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack 

The video showed Starla in her lap while she described what happened, video from the doorbell cam showing the home invaders breaking in and the end shows Starla hobbling around on the floor.

It does say they expect Starla to make a full recovery, but the owner said she has to make sure she doesn't reopen her incisions, that's why she's mostly in her lap or being carried around.

@KingstonsMom   Thanks.  That entire part at the end was not played when I watched it.  It was blue, and the seconds were passing but I couldn't see or hear anything.  I'm so glad she's expected to make a full recovery.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby 

Aunt Ko, you mean..... DOGS RULE!