Honored Contributor

Yorkie 'Hero' in My Hometown!

[ Edited ]

An elderly woman alone at home with her Yorkie saw 2 men on her doorbell camera, trying to break into her front door.

As the men made entry into the home, the woman escaped out her back door while her Yorkie ferociously attacked the men, who shot her in the leg, but the Yorkie continued to bark and charge them out the front door to the street, in spite of being shot in the leg.

The home invaders escaped in their vehicle to get away from the Yorkie, who was chewing up their ankles!

The woman safely escaped thanks to her sweet little protector and the Yorkie's gunshot wound was treated and she'll be fine!

There's no end to a dog's love for their human, you go you little bad a s s Yorkie!

I love a happy ending!Heart

ETA: Update:

Since the homeowner notified 911 while she was escaping out the back, the home invaders were caught a few blocks away and were positively identified by the doorbell cam footage.

After receiving treatment at a local hospital for dog bites to their ankles and legs, they were arrested for home invasion, along with a few other charges!

Dynamite can come in small packages!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yorkie 'Hero' in My Hometown!

Great Job! This dog deserves an award.

Dogster_Heroes_award1_small (1).png

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why she wouldn't grab the dog and THEN run out the back door.  My dog is precious to me and I sure wouldn't want her getting hurt by the home invaders.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

She tried to grab the dog, but the Yorkie was in full defense mode, chasing the bad guys out the front and she couldn't catch her, so she ran out the back to call 911.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@spent2much 

She tried to grab the dog, but the Yorkie was in full defense mode, chasing the bad guys out the front and she couldn't catch her, so she ran out the back to call 911.

Ahhhh, I see.  Well, we have a Golden Retriever.  She would be running towards them to love them.  That's a Golden for ya.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

Oh yeah....gotta love a Golden!

Of course I love 'em all!Heart

Respected Contributor

I have had a Yorkie and also 2 of my family members have had one also.   They think they are big and tough as lions!  This Yorkie proves that they are.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • Awww....I have no doubt that a small dog would THINK it's a large dog lol.

But, OP,  why isn't this showing up online? I thought I'd get to see this little dynamo and, instead, was confronted with multiple, sad stories of stolen and abused yorkies--and worse.

Yours is the kind of story we love to read, and video we'd love to see.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Love this feisty little guy and so pleased there was a happy ending!

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
  • Awww....I have no doubt that a small dog would THINK it's a large dog lol.

But, OP,  why isn't this showing up online? I thought I'd get to see this little dynamo and, instead, was confronted with multiple, sad stories of stolen and abused yorkies--and worse.

Yours is the kind of story we love to read, and video we'd love to see.

@Moonlady 

Finally found it!

The updated story says the woman's young niece was actually the one at home during the robbery/break-in and that the Yorkie was shot in both a front and back leg.

The video of this little warrior is too cute!

https://www.wtoc.com/2020/03/01/dog-survives-being-shot-during-ga-home-invasion-owner-says/