Respected Contributor

Re: Y&R Grp Wk July 27...SPOILERS!

@SharkE wrote:

For all of my friends on twitter: I AM NOT LEAVING THE SHOW!! I JUST SIGNED AN EXTENSION, SO KINDLY DON'T ASK ME THAT QUESTION AGAIN! THANKS

That is hillarious to me!  Mr. Braeden should know by now that rumors and gossip reign supreme.  You put yourself out there as a celebrity.  At least when they ask questions such as if an actor is leaving a soap opera, it shows that there is interest in that actor.  Stay off of social media if you don't want the inquiries!  Plain and simple!Cat Frustrated

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pandalady wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

For all of my friends on twitter: I AM NOT LEAVING THE SHOW!! I JUST SIGNED AN EXTENSION, SO KINDLY DON'T ASK ME THAT QUESTION AGAIN! THANKS

That is hillarious to me!  Mr. Braeden should know by now that rumors and gossip reign supreme.  You put yourself out there as a celebrity.  At least when they ask questions such as if an actor is leaving a soap opera, it shows that there is interest in that actor.  Stay off of social media if you don't want the inquiries!  Plain and simple!Cat Frustrated

I think he is having trouble separating his character from real life. Testy, isn't he? He should be happy anyone cares considering how bad his acting has become lately. I read he does a lot of ad libbing and they let him get away with it.

Respected Contributor

@VioletEyes wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I think he is having trouble separating his character from real life. Testy, isn't he? He should be happy anyone cares considering how bad his acting has become lately. I read he does a lot of ad libbing and they let him get away with it.

I agree, violet eyes!  Mr. Braeden believes he has actually become Victor Newman!  It doesnt surprise me to hear that he ablibs his lines.  He should be grateful that he has a job, still.  Soap Operas do not rule daytime TV anymore.Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@VioletEyes wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I agree, violet eyes!  Mr. Braeden believes he has actually become Victor Newman!  It doesnt surprise me to hear that he ablibs his lines.  He should be grateful that he has a job, still.  Soap Operas do not rule daytime TV anymore.Cat Frustrated

I have been watching since the second month the show came on the air. When Victor came in 1980, he was really anxious to play the role of a tycoon. He was vibrant and really "became" Victor Neuman. Now he is just earning a paycheck and he seems to be half hearted about the role. My BIL once met him at a Soap Convention.....he was very friendly but that was back in the early 90's. One good thing, though, he backs a lot of charities and seems to be a good family man.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I've heard about his good deeds, too, violet eyes.  That is a wonderful thing!  I wish him all the best.  I met Jerry Douglas several years ago at a signing at my local Target!  He was very nice.  I told him that my granny, who I grew up watching the show with, was one of his biggest fans.  He signed a photo for her.  She was so proud of that picture!Cat Very Happy  Good memories!

Honored Contributor

Just comes with age, ladies. When you age you get so you feel you have earned the right to not have to put up with 'stuff' any more. You just get so tired of idiots and haters, people just want to stir up the pot, etc. I've noticed on all of the Q boards it's getting to be more like Facebook on here. No matter how nice U are somebody is out there to take issue, etc. After while you just say 'who needs this 'stuff' and leave.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Just comes with age, ladies. When you age you get so you feel you have earned the right to not have to put up with 'stuff' any more. You just get so tired of idiots and haters, people just want to stir up the pot, etc. I've noticed on all of the Q boards it's getting to be more like Facebook on here. No matter how nice U are somebody is out there to take issue, etc. After while you just say 'who needs this 'stuff' and leave.

Exactly why I am not on social media.  Only post on the Q.  Don't need anyone's "approval" of how my recent "selfies" look (which I don't do either) and validation on how pretty I am!  I know that already!  LOL!!Cat Very Happy

Seriously, I can see your point, Sharke.  EB  is a long time character and has paid his dues, so to speak. He has a right to the respect he's earned.  Guess the face of the viewer has changed or "disappeared" as it is easy to be snarky and remain annonymous.  I guess if it really bothers him, he could discontinue using Twitter.  If he does continue to talk with the fans through social media, those questions are bound to keep coming.Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Yeah, when I'm 75 not gonna give a fig about computers and talking to people 50 yes. Younger then me. Haha. Don't much care about it now.  Don't know why he fools with social media. Except for the pats on the back and adoration he gets.  Think he has a big ego.