Esteemed Contributor

Re: Y&R Grp Wk Aug 3rd..SPOILERS!

I think dentist just have that effect on people myself included. The Hygienist at my dentist office cleaned my teeth last month for the first time and I just told her I don't want to feel anything so she put enough gel in my mouth for three people but it went smooth as pie...she was happy and I was happier. I also noticed since I brought that Waterpik sonic complete care from the Q my cleanings are so much quicker. I can't heart or quote on IE but I can on Firefox but I am agreeing with what stevieb said in a earlier post that they couldn't find anyone better to play Billy (LOL) - they definitely went to the other end of the spectrum to give him the part and sharke mentioned that he wears a wig! Still reminds me of Barney Rubble from the Flintstones.
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Maybe you can teach me how not to get so nervous when I have a dr. or dentist appt.

At home my pressure is 121/78, 130/80, 133/ 82 it's fantastic for a 63 yr old.

after making an appt. for either I start worrying about it till the day of the apt my bp is awful even with a little help from a nerve pill and taking 1 of my husband's blood pressure pills. My last dentist appt it was 170/113 . thank God this one didn't get crazy about it like the first guy I went to down here in Tx. they sent in a legal consultant to tell me how they couldn't work on me, till it came down, etc.  You see in Tx. they're required to take your **** blood pressure up in Ind. they don't care, never take it. So, I'm sure it's been high 'temporiarily' for 43 yrs. LOL

I've never had a bad experience with a Dr. or dentist,so, what could be my 'block' in just going in for a teeth cleaning. I know it's called 'temporary hypertension'. Wonder if I need a hypnotist ? LOL

I think I found a better dentist this time around they advertise they can use 'laughing gas' or another form of light sedation. I signed off on it saying "do whatever it takes to make you happy doesn't bother me because I know when I leave it will drop back down". See, they're worried about law suits I'm sure. First one would not work with me at all , so, I left him.

Just seems strange that I have no reason to be 'scared' of going to a dentist, but, on the inside I ape out.   

I know you can't give me a flat answer, but, wonder what could be the trigger to a unrealistic approach to a common event? Loss of control? maybe. I can be a tad of a 'take charge' person and when you fool with anybody medical you have to give up that control. I'm married to a professional, myself, and he's a control freak. LOL

Sharke, I think we must be sisters! Like yourself I always run high blood pressures in a doctor's office but when I come home, it comes back down to normal. I was tested for a few things and the end result was that I react to stress by pouring out excessive adrenaline. I get a rapid heartbeat which they said was sinus tachycardia. Just another name for rapid heartbeat where the pulse goes up.

If you are pulling 170 over 113, maybe a mild medication will bring you back to a more normal level when you get scared of something. I like Verapamil because it also helps with the rapid heartbeat and it cured my migraines. Your doctor may just give you something to take off the edge. Whatever you do, don't take your husband's med because if they are beta blockers, you could pass out if they are too strong.

Let me know how you are doing. I really think everyone is different in how they relate to stressful situations. You and I probably will always be this way. I am 62, and I have always been this way.....

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

If I could 'debate' (LOL) with the writers of the show I would say introduce a good storyline, but, clear it up in a reasonable amount of time. Do not string it out for yrs. that's just loony.

My sister, tonight, said if Kevin wanted to introduce a gay storyline that she thought Kyle would be a good partner for him.  Better then the story going around about Kevin and Harding. Nope, don't see that happening. LOL

The problem is that Kevin has liked women in the storyline since he started in the role. Why can't they just hire a new actor to portray a gay storyline? It would probably work better than Kevin suddenly deciding to "become" gay in the storyline. Or at least a lot more credible.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I took a 5 mg of Valium and a 20 mg of Listoprell something like that  I guess if I hadn't took it hr. before the apt no telling what it could had been. LOL

I don't think they take pressures right in offices anyway. The correct way is the way they depict it on the at home pressure cuffs.  feet on the floor, left arm held to heart level, palm up, right arm supporting the left arm. When you go to the dentist your in the long chair, right arm can't support your left, no table to put your left arm on. they just sit you down and with no time to prepare bam you go.

That first dentist I went to had me so upset for weeks I eventually went to a Mec center and it was skyhigh there too, the P.A. wrote a script for a b p pill for 30 days. Very low dose like a 2 mg, but, I think she knew I was just full of anxiety and it would settle down and it did. I don't want to start no **** medicine once you start on something I don't think I need anyway then they make U come back all the time, play with the dosage. I don't need that, so, hopefully, this new dentist will just throw the nitrous oxide on me and be done with it. LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I took a 5 mg of Valium and a 20 mg of Listoprell something like that  I guess if I hadn't took it hr. before the apt no telling what it could had been. LOL

I don't think they take pressures right in offices anyway. The correct way is the way they depict it on the at home pressure cuffs.  feet on the floor, left arm held to heart level, palm up, right arm supporting the left arm. When you go to the dentist your in the long chair, right arm can't support your left, no table to put your left arm on. they just sit you down and with no time to prepare bam you go.

That first dentist I went to had me so upset for weeks I eventually went to a Mec center and it was skyhigh there too, the P.A. wrote a script for a b p pill for 30 days. Very low dose like a 2 mg, but, I think she knew I was just full of anxiety and it would settle down and it did. I don't want to start no **** medicine once you start on something I don't think I need anyway then they make U come back all the time, play with the dosage. I don't need that, so, hopefully, this new dentist will just throw the nitrous oxide on me and be done with it. LOL

Sharke, take care and let us know how you do at the dentist.... Heart

Honored Contributor

just went last thurs. what I was talking about the 2nd dentist I think is gonna play ball and just put the gas to me if he has to. I don't care what he does just get it over with and don't hassle me and get me all upset I'm not your trained monkey . I told him to his face "If your expecting 120/80 your never gonna see it ,so, do what U have to do to make yourself happy". We shook hands on it and c r a p like I told the tech just knowing you have to be spot on is what causes anxiety in the first **** place. Wish they would drop that stupid requirement in Tx. Everything down here is strict as snot. They don't put up with no c r a p in Tx.    I may have to go back to Ind just to get my teeth cleaned twice a yr or have 'em pulled out and get false. LOL

choc.jpg

Honored Contributor

Today's episode was boring. Zzzzzzzz......

Honored Contributor

Who's that chick running around with a peroxide bottle in her hand? LOL  Victoria, even has blonde streaks now. Why she don't cut that mop off is anybody's guess. That's got to be hot and heavy. Sage, still looks like a dead person with those dark shadows and now that half blonde , half something else 'do' she has going on. Sharon looked bloated in the face. Salt retention maybe.

Nicki, is a ray of sunshne everybody is lovin' her new look.

Honored Contributor

Ms. choc,

your taking off next week, right?

Honored Contributor

@VioletEyes wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

If I could 'debate' (LOL) with the writers of the show I would say introduce a good storyline, but, clear it up in a reasonable amount of time. Do not string it out for yrs. that's just loony.

My sister, tonight, said if Kevin wanted to introduce a gay storyline that she thought Kyle would be a good partner for him.  Better then the story going around about Kevin and Harding. Nope, don't see that happening. LOL

The problem is that Kevin has liked women in the storyline since he started in the role. Why can't they just hire a new actor to portray a gay storyline? It would probably work better than Kevin suddenly deciding to "become" gay in the storyline. Or at least a lot more credible.Woman Happy

I think it was Kevin's idea... He apparently wants his character to be gay... As for his history on the show, there are plenty of men in real life who switched teams. It happens. Who even knows if the writers are at all considering it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...