Honored Contributor

Re: Would you use WEN on your pets?

@jaxs mom wrote:

Wen pets has tea tree oil in it, so no I don't use it. I do use Wen kids on my pets though. 

A lot of commercially manufactured pet shampoos sold in pet stores contain tea tree oil as well.  My understanding is that it's OK in a shampoo that's going to be rinsed off, but not as a topical that's going to remain on their skin or fur.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using Wen on my German Shepherds for years.  I started when I had a long coat GS because her fur was like an Afgan hound. It kinked and knotted so easily. Now I use it as a second shampoo. I first shampoo them with puppy/dog shampoo and rinse and then a little wen rubbed in my palms and rinse. I really think that it removes some of the soap residue. I use the conditioning spray to spritz on their hairbrush when I brush them. It works great for our dogs.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Wen pets has tea tree oil in it, so no I don't use it. I do use Wen kids on my pets though. 

A lot of commercially manufactured pet shampoos sold in pet stores contain tea tree oil as well.  My understanding is that it's OK in a shampoo that's going to be rinsed off, but not as a topical that's going to remain on their skin or fur.  

Yes they are, because pet shampoos aren't regulated. It's buyer beware. The fact that something is sold for pets doesn't mean a thing as far as safety. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely NOT, and especially a kittycat.

I would only use 100% holistic  products.

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Yes they are, because pet shampoos aren't regulated. It's buyer beware. The fact that something is sold for pets doesn't mean a thing as far as safety. 

Tea tree oil in dilution not to exceed 1% is safe for pets.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't see any reason to take the chance by using a product with tea tree oil in it on my pets. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't see any reason to take the chance by using a product with tea tree oil in it on my pets. 

Obviously your choice, your pets.  Tea Tree oil, properly used as recommended by my Vet resolved a skin issue with my terrier that NOTHING else resolved.

Trusted Contributor

No wen on my pets, Yes to johnsons baby shampoo it is ph balanced and works great!

Esteemed Contributor

Nope... unless I want my dogs fur to fall out.Robot tongue

Respected Contributor

No. Regular pet shampoo is just as good.  There is no reason to waste so much money