Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about our kitty - LATEST UPDATE - AND PICTURE

@Georgiagrama   Baby is SO sweet and pretty!  I love her!  Thanks for posting this picture.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  You are so kind.  Thank you.  To have been just a little throw away, sick, shelter kitty, we could not love her any more.  She makes us smile every day.  She is just what my husband needed.  

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@NickNack  You are so kind.  Thank you.  To have been just a little throw away, sick, shelter kitty, we could not love her any more.  She makes us smile every day.  She is just what my husband needed.  

@Georgiagrama   It sounds like you both needed her.  And she needed you!  I'm so glad she's doing well now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@NickNack Here's our little Smokey (aka Baby) back to watching squirrels bigger than she is!  All better now.  Thank you all for your prayers!!

Baby.jpg

@Georgiagrama , Oh my, she is a doll. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@NickNack Here's our little Smokey (aka Baby) back to watching squirrels bigger than she is!  All better now.  Thank you all for your prayers!!

Baby.jpg

@Georgiagrama , Oh my, she is a doll. Cat Happy

@Tissyanne  Thank you!!  I call her my little raccoon Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about our kitty - LATEST UPDATE - WITH PICTURE

What a beauty!

I am so glad to hear that she is doing better. Hope she continues to get back to being her old self again.

Did you figure out what her trouble was? Or it is just one of those things that animals go through and is a big unknown to us.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Baby.jpg

@Georgiagrama 

Your beautiful little girl is proof

positive that miracles still do happen!

Sending her tons of hugs and kisses..

please deliver!

(((((HeartSMOKEY/BABYHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Re: Worried about our kitty - LATEST UPDATE - WITH PICTURE

@drizzellla 

Although the Vet did not seem to think so, my husband is convinced that it was the flea treatment we had put on her neck that morning.  Since we've seen no evidence of any kind of ribbon or string, I'm leaning more and more toward his amateur diagnosis.

At any rate, she is back to her regular little happy self. 

Respected Contributor

@beastielove 

I'm giving her your love right now.  I can't keep my hands off of her, even though she is technically my husbands kitty. Smiley LOL  She says thank you!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama- What a beautiful cat Smokey is!  She has the sweetest face.  I'm so glad to hear that she's doing well now.  Our furbabies are worth everything we go through to keep them safe and healthy.

Thank you for the picture.  It brightened my day.  Smiley Happy

------

I just wanted to add that, years ago, even though our cats are all indoors only, I put a flea and tick medicine on the nape of their necks, as we're in and out and ticks abound.

Two of our then three cats were fine, but our Tonkinese had such a horrible, immediate reaction to it that I couldn't wash it off off fast enough.  She went beserk and was foaming at the mouth; it scared me to death and I've never used those things on any of my cats since.  Your husband may be right.

To this day, I blame some of her subsequent respiratory issues on that chemical, as she'd not had any prior to that episode.