Respected Contributor

Re: Worried About Our Kitty -- UPDATE

@NickNack wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@NickNack  She said we will wait for two days but if she throws up tomorrow, after all the meds, I am to take her back Wednesday and she will do the procedure.   

@Georgiagrama   I hope it doesn't come to that.

@NickNack  Me too!!  Just today was $400.  She would call in a Vet who is experienced in doing this procedure for Baby.  I don't even want to know what that will cost if it comes to it.  Of course, my husband said today that he doesn't care what it cost, he can't lose another pet.  For his health and mental frame of mind, we will do whatever we have to do to get her well.  You can bet there will be nothing dangley in my house by the time I go to bed tonight.   

Super Contributor

@geezerette thank you! She was a handful as a kitten but has “matured” to a sweet kitty. We also have a 5 yr old hound mix who taught Sophie a lot (in a good way) when she was little. They are great buddies. 

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with you that kitties can get into things not expected.  Here is my experience.  I saw my older, half grown, kitty run through the house with a sharp object in his mouth.  I tried to catch him to get it out, but he ran under the furniture, etc.  Finally when I caught him, it was gone.  Nothing could be found on the carpet where I caught him.  So, I took him to the 24 hr. Emergency Veterinary Care Clinic.  They xrayed him and found a needle in his stomach.  They sedated him and, thankfully, they were able to retrieve it with a scope and he didn't need surgery.  It was a threaded needle.  He had gotten on top of my sewing machine and started licking the threaded needle in my pin cushion.  Therefore, the thread was swallowed first and the needle went straight down with it.  When we got home, I hid my pin cushion!  He has been fine ever since.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update.

2 of my kitties think they are little dogs - chewers.

Though some of the things they like to chew, they cannot swallow - like 

Plantation Shutters, and a faucet handle.

Gracie like to chew the threads of the mattress, underneath.

Those darn little rascals.  We love them!

We can relate to your husbands, doing everything for her.

That's very compassionate.

Respected Contributor

@tobe 

Lord have mercy!!  I know you were frantic.  Glad your little baby is all good.  Now, I'm going to hide my pin cushion!!  Who would have thought about that!!!

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

Thank you for the follow up, I have been thinking about all of your family.

We have had SO many kitties over the years, all of them‘foundlings’’, each of them has something new to teach us.

Our worst offender was a BIG boy who‘nursed’’ on acrylic blankets!  He would make holes in them, swallow the blanket pieces, and get‘stopped up’’ as we delicately called it. Now we keep a product called Cat-Lax around.  Sometimes it will help things‘move along’’.  Of course if it is the esophagus it might not work.  It is good sometimes, but not a sure thing, and the Vet is always the ultimate way to go.  You might want to keep it in your arsenal.  I have seen it work on all sorts of things.

Oddly enough, about that time we switched to all cotton linens and no more problem.  CATs will not let you get bored, or spend TOO much time on your own problems.

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Lab.  I own and train therapy Labs, and know the depth of your sadness. Aren't they big arm fulls of love❤️, and Joy?

Please keep us posted!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe 

Thank you for you kind thoughts and words.  This little shelter kitty is giving us a run for our money - in a good way.  She keeps my husband busy and laughing and that's a profound blessing for us. 

The loss of his companion lab was devastating.  Very nearly killed my husband, in fact, he was hospitalized the following week. Our beloved Buddy was never further than 3 feet from my husband for 12 years.  He was such a blessing and was so full of love and loyalty. To me, a Lab is a gift that God gives us to prove there is still kindness and gentle, pure love in this world.    He was amazing.  We feel his loss every single day and my husband is still grieving, so this little kitty has big shoes to fill. She seems to be doing it nicely though and there is nothing I won't do to keep her safe. 

God bless you for training and loving these remarkable Labs. I hope people know how blessed they are to have them in their lives. 

Super Contributor

@Georgiagrama @How is Baby today? We’ve been thinking and  praying.....

Respected Contributor

Prayers for peace of mind for your family. 

Oddly, my kitty always tried to consume white cord string,  My brother's cat did the "sewing needle" thing just as another poster mentioned.  You cannot possibly keep kitty from being curious.   Please keep us posted!

Image result for animated cat flowers

Respected Contributor

@Goldenmoher 

Gorgeous Miss Sophie is living large now!   Smiley Very Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown