Re: Worried about our kitty - LATEST UPDATE - AND PICTURE

@Georgiagrama   OMG she's beautiful

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about our kitty - LATEST UPDATE - WITH PICTURE

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@drizzellla 

Although the Vet did not seem to think so, my husband is convinced that it was the flea treatment we had put on her neck that morning.  Since we've seen no evidence of any kind of ribbon or string, I'm leaning more and more toward his amateur diagnosis.

At any rate, she is back to her regular little happy self. 

Just from past experience with our dog, I have to agree with your husband. On occasion the heartworm medicine has really made our dog out of sorts for a day or two. He is 75 pounds so you would think he could handle a little pill. But it does affect him. In fact most medicine affects him. He was a rescue. So before we adopted him he was given all his shots and medicine at one time. He was one sick fellow for awhile.

Thrilled that your sweet cat is better. I am sure she is happy to be better too.

AND I am SO GLAD she did not eat any string. We had a cat do that one time. It was not pleasant. But we (and the cat)  were lucky the string was not too long.

Honored Contributor

Your husband could be right about the flea medicine.  Since Baby won't be going outside at all I wouldn't use it again.  You had such a scare it seems too risky to try again.  I've been using Revolution on my indoor cat for heartworms and fleas, but it's so hard to get him to sit still I'm not sure he's getting it all.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

Your Sweet "Smokey-Baby" is so darned adorable!  When they're kittens, they have such innocent looking faces.  Must be hard to not pick her up constantly to cuddle her.

But, who am I kidding?  Both my girls are 17 1/2 now & I still can't resist picking them up - well, one anyways.  The other one doesn't like it unless it's Poppy doing the picking up.  

I agree with your husband.  I've stopped using any of that flea "mess" a long time ago.  

I'm so glad Baby is better, please give her a hug for me.  Thank you for posting her pic.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama  Don't worry because your little one will be okay.  Cats get into everything (I have one) but between you looking closely after her and the vet, it will be settled quickly.  Take care.  My cat sends love your way for your cat.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@ScenicMaine 

Your kitties are 17 1/2 years old?  You have given them great care and lots of love for sure!!  That's just amazing to me.  If our baby lives that long, she will definitely outlive us!Smiley Happy

I do love on her every time I walk by her.  Hold her in my arms like a baby and talk such ridiculous baby talk, I'm afraid my children would have me committed if they could hear me.

However, all she has to do is hear her Daddy's voice and she is off and running.  She has been so good for him, well, for me too. Heart 

Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

Thank you.

Yes, they are & I feel so fortunate that I've had them this long.  They're both showing their age but who wouldn't?  And, I love them bunches.

We all need to show our furbabies the best love & care that we can.  I'm so glad you & your DH adopted Baby.  Show them love & they, in turn, will do the same to you.  Hope you have many more years of happiness together.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@drizzellla 

Although the Vet did not seem to think so, my husband is convinced that it was the flea treatment we had put on her neck that morning.  Since we've seen no evidence of any kind of ribbon or string, I'm leaning more and more toward his amateur diagnosis.

@Georgiagrama 

Very interesting.  He may be right.  Especially since Baby is still young and didn’t start out as a healthy cat to begin with.  She may not be able to tolerate that medication or, at least, a full dose just yet.  That’s a call you’ll have to make.  But if you do use the medication again, I’d watch her closely for any reaction just in case.

I know many people here are dead set against some vaccines and medications.  But I live in the south in the country where bugs and diseases abound, so I do treat my animals, even though I’d rather not have to.  My older cat hates the drops and will flee the minute he hears me open the foil wrapper.

Baby definitely looks like a very happy kitty now—she is the cutest!  I can see why your husband has fallen in love with her!😻  (And you too, of course!😸)

Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@drizzellla 

WHY would you put flea medication on an INDOOR cat? SMH. An indoor cat DOESN'T need flea treatments.

Super Contributor

@Georgiagrama I just saw Baby’s picture, she is beautiful and looks so sweet! I’m so glad she’s better. Enjoy your sweet girl and give her a hug from me.