Esteemed Contributor

Re: Worried About My 16 yr. Old Dachsund

What a handsome boy...there is nothing but gentleness and love in his eyes.  And you're right, there's never enough time with them. I had a cat with congestive heart failure and it's a roller coaster of emotions.

Saying prayers for dear Mickey that his vet can make some adjustments to make him more comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@moon_gazer I send prayers to you and Mickey. I have been in your shoes way too often and understand that just because a pet has had a long life it does not make it easier to experience the care delimmas faced. It is so frustrating trying to make the best decisions for a pet when each phase of treatment has it's good and "bad". I finally decided to do the best I can in each situation. I hope you get good news at the vet Monday. Prayers for bothbof you.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My mother's cavalier was on heart and water pills for congestive heart failure.  She was on the pills a couple years.  Prayers for Micky.

Respected Contributor

Prayers going up for  Mickey that he does well. Hang in there little guy.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @moon_gazer.  I know how hard this is.  I've had many dogs with heart disease that were on enalapril, Vetmedian (after it became available) and lasix.  Most of my dogs ended up dying from cancer instead, but had one dog that died from heart failure.  The Vet will have to take an x-ray on Monday to determine what's going on.  Please come back and let us know what he/she says.  I will keep you and Mickey in my prayers.

I've never had a dog live to 16.  It's nice that you have had him so long.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

He is just precious. Heart

Respected Contributor

Sending prayers and hugs to you and your dog.  He is adorable.  I have an 11 year old doxie mix and love her so much.    Heart

Super Contributor

Thank each and every one of you for your prayers and understanding comments. I can feel those prayers working - my Mickey has done well today, but, still going to visit the vet tomorrow to see if meds can be adjusted or if there is something else we might need to be doing.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for your special boy from me and Eddy (his angels can help!).Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers, absolutely.  What a sweet, sweet face.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!