Super Contributor

Worried About My 16 yr. Old Dachsund

I know, he is old - not a lot of dogs get to live to be 16 yrs. and 4 mos., but, I dread the day that I have to say goodbye to him.  1 & 1/2 yrs. ago, he was diagnosed with a severe heart murmur and congestive heart failure. So, the vet put him on a heart pill called Vetmedin and a low dose of lasix to pull fluid off of his heart. That, of course, over time will damage the kidneys. Well, to make a long story as short as I can......he has been doing very good on those meds until this week. Every evening he begins panting as if he as been running when actually he has had little activity. I feel like the fluid is building up around his heart and he probably needs a bigger dose of the lasix. I am taking him to the vet Monday morning, but, till then would appreciate your prayers that my little guy can get better. Thank you for taking the time to read this rather long post.

IMG_4424.JPG

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

Re: Worried About My 16 yr. Old Dachsund

[ Edited ]

🙏🏻 Prayers for you and your little guy. 🙏🏻🌷Sweet picture.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for you and your beautiful boy....and sending good thoughts your way.

Super Contributor

Wish you and your little guy the best.  Let him take it easy and rest until he can see the vet.

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer

I surely will !

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

What is  your sweet baby's name?  When I talk to GOD I like to say the name.  Can you please tell us his name?  I'll remember him when I talk to GOD tonight.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That is a sad time in the life and love of our pets.I hope that the vet has something to help with the heart problem and buy some more precious time.

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

What is  your sweet baby's name?  When I talk to GOD I like to say the name.  Can you please tell us his name?  I'll remember him when I talk to GOD tonight.

His name is Mickey. Thank you very much, Annabellethecat. You are so kind.Heart

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Valued Contributor

Sending prayers for your friend.  They truly become a family member.

Terrywu

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer Take care sweet girl.  Mickey is already a winner having you for a mom, he's one lucky little guy.  Fondly, Annabelle/Linda

You know I've never been a dog person, I've just always had cats, nothing against dogs just always had cats.

But my youngest daughter in Denver adopted a dog last year.  I spent Thanksgiving with her and her furbaby and I fell in love.  Her name is Luna and she's wonderful (like her Mom).

I've sent Luna so much 'stuff' my daughter says, "Enough Mom"  I'm running out of room!  Ha!

Luna goes sking, paddleboarding, fishing, you name it.  She has all the gear for everything.  She even wears Redskins shirts, and National's shirts (courtesy of Grandma). 

I won't forget about your baby.  You take care of yourself too.  OK?