Honored Contributor

Re: World's Oldest Golden Has 20th Birthday!

Image result for dogs are the best word images

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

🥰

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I emailed that photo to my daughter.  Her long haired chocolate lab will be 21 this year.   His face has turned white also.  SIL has changed his name to Michael Jackson. Smiley LOL

My daughter suspects he is dying as all he does now is eat & sleep.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Hey @KingstonsMom  Great minds think alike. 

I posted this last month but this great dog should be talked about every day!

When you make it to 20 for any animal, it is a wonderful achievement!!!Heart

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Pet-Lovers/Lots-of-candles-on-this-cake/m-p/6226975#M106119

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

How beautiful she is!  If only they could all live that long and beyond. Thanks for a lovely post @KingstonsMom .

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

World's Oldest Golden Has 20th Birthday!

Sweet, sweet Augie!   So wonderful, also, that she got adopted for the third time, at an older age, by that wonderful family.  Shows you that older dogs can still have good years left.  No one knows at what age they will lose their dogs.  I know that for sure.

I absolutely adore Goldens (we are on our 4th now), epecially old ones.  That white face really gets to me.  She looks like my first Golden, whose face turned white by about 10.  She lived the longest, till 15.  

Happy Birthday Augie!!

Thanks so much for posting this!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Old age is hard for us and our dogs! My Krypto Jack Russell is 17 years, three months old. He's had a degenerative spine for years so I've been careful, but has enjoyed walks until recently. Arthritis is affecting joints so he's on anti inflammatory daily and Cosequin. 
  I carry him outside up and down the steps. He's been here for me so I will for him. He would like Augie! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac   Michael Jackson - LOL LOL LOL

Regular Contributor

It's like Augie got almost another whole life span after being adopted/re-homed!  How wonderful for her and her family.

My golden lived only to 11 years.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

I emailed that photo to my daughter.  Her long haired chocolate lab will be 21 this year.   His face has turned white also.  SIL has changed his name to Michael Jackson. Smiley LOL

My daughter suspects he is dying as all he does now is eat & sleep.

@Mz iMac, that's unusually old, very old for a lab. My two senior dogs died at ages sixteen and eighteen last year. They had good appetites, though, but slept a lot. I miss them so much. They were family. The Michael Jackson white face name for the chocolate lab is too funny!!