Honored Contributor

Wish it was not so dark in the mornings....

Worse part of fall and Winter.  Here is is 6:30Am and I would be walking with my dogs except that it is pitch black dark still outside.  I get up very early  in the morning and by 6AM I am ready to start my day....   

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish it was not so dark in the mornings....

I feel your pain, we're up at 530 M-F seems like it takes forever to lighten up now. Saddens me too. Gets dark way to early in the eve too.

Honored Contributor

We move the clocks in early November it will no longer be dark in the morning but it will be dark much earlier in the day

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I’m an early riser, a morning person. When I wake up, I have no idea what time it is because it’s dark outside. And my dog doesn’t care what time it is. She likes to go out as soon as she awakens. So we tie her to her cable, she does her thing, and we take her for her morning walk after the sun rises. I think we change the clocks on the first weekend in November. That will make mornings easier but that first early sunset will be very depressing.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden We must both be in the same time zone.I get up around six every day but don't mind that it is dark although I am not ready to hit the road till nine for a walk.You must get going faster than me!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the dark because that means it won’t be hot by early morning, we don’t change our clocks and I don’t mind early morning darkness or early evening darkness. It means cooler weather finally.

Honored Contributor

It's the reason I no longer have a dog.  I have to leave for work at 6:15 and it's dark at that time most of the year.  Even on my days off I'm up early and it would be absolutely terrifying for me, because we met up with coyotes, skunks and raccoons on more than one occasion.  I didn't even have time to worry about humans who might be a threat - I was too concerned looking out for wildlife.  I should mention that I live in the center of a big town in the suburbs of a large city, but we still have to deal with coyotes.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I live for the long, warm days of summer and dread these short days coming. It is depressing waking in the dark and it getting dark so early at night. I doubt if Maggie (dog) notices, she runs out, does her thing and runs back up to the house to get her treat...so, it's all good with her! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love the dark early morning hours. I always get up early. It’s my quiet time. 

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal I feel the same as you that darkness is peaceful and enjoy the quiet time before the rest of the world gets in full motion.