Honored Contributor

Wish Mom Would Get Out Of Here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish Mom Would Get Out Of Here.

@Foxxee That picture reminds me of a time we were babysitting my brother's dog. We babysat the collie for a year. He was VERY well trained. He never went near the kitchen table when we were eating. He would sit in the doorway and watch us.

So I was making a pastrami sandwich for my lunch before I left to go to work. I went to get 1,000 Island Dressing from a cabinet in the room where we had the pantry. Came back and there was no trace of the sandwich. No bread, no pastrami, no cole slaw - not a crumb. I thought maybe I had put it on the counter since it wasn't on the kitchen table. Not on the counter. I looked around the kitchen - no where to be found.

I could not believe in that short period of time, he ate every crumb. Surprised he even ate the cole slaw. But he did.

I learned a lesson. He was quick and thorough. And one step ahead of me.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago I baked a cake and put it on the dining room table. When I turned around later my dog was sitting in a chair scarfing it down. 

Didn't do that again.

Super Contributor

Counter theft is a very serious, yet underreported crime.  We have a perpetrator of this crime living in our home at this very moment.  We are doing our best to reform this hardened criminal, with varying degrees of success.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Foxxee That picture reminds me of a time we were babysitting my brother's dog. We babysat the collie for a year. He was VERY well trained. He never went near the kitchen table when we were eating. He would sit in the doorway and watch us.

So I was making a pastrami sandwich for my lunch before I left to go to work. I went to get 1,000 Island Dressing from a cabinet in the room where we had the pantry. Came back and there was no trace of the sandwich. No bread, no pastrami, no cole slaw - not a crumb. I thought maybe I had put it on the counter since it wasn't on the kitchen table. Not on the counter. I looked around the kitchen - no where to be found.

I could not believe in that short period of time, he ate every crumb. Surprised he even ate the cole slaw. But he did.

I learned a lesson. He was quick and thorough. And one step ahead of me.

@drizzellla 

Lol

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

Looks to me like either apple slices or french fries ... do you know?

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

Counter theft is a very serious, yet underreported crime.  We have a perpetrator of this crime living in our home at this very moment.  We are doing our best to reform this hardened criminal, with varying degrees of success.

@Twoaces 

Great post, LOL.   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Several years ago I was making a few sandwiches for our afternoon at the beach.  I was in the middle of making a roast beef sandwich on the counter when I had to leave to go into another room for some reason.  Came back and every trace of it was gone! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Foxxee 

Looks to me like either apple slices or french fries ... do you know?

@Tinkrbl44 

I think they are thick French Fries or what we call Home Fries.  They are also called 
Steak Fries.

Respected Contributor

I used to have a greyhound (retired racer) and the BF got a Siberian Husky puppy.  He blamed my greyhound for teaching his siberian to counter surf.........so not true....siberians come by it naturally.