Esteemed Contributor

Re: Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

wrote:

@chrystaltree:  I loved in S.Korea for five years.  It is true that some men eat dogmeat to "make man strong all over" but this is also true in other countries including China, Taiwan and the Philippines.  I am a dog lover but never worried about eating (or being offered) dog, as it is totally reserved for men and supposedly easily identifiable by its very red color.  The only precaution I took was, while in large local markets I'd ask " which way to dog and cat market? ", if they said "left", I would go "right".  The Koreans have many wonderful dishes that I still enjoy to this day.  I am truly amazed by some of the ignorant comments on this thread!

Really think people need to look at what is happening in this country before they condem others.  But what do I know.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

@chrystaltree

The HUGE difference is that your examples aren't tortured first to enhance the eater's libido, then cooked alive.

Just think about it....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

wrote:

@apple1964

There are many 'disturbing' threads on these forums, including the ones about the 13 abused children/adults and more and all should be available for opinions/views.

Sticking my head in the sand is never the answer for me, personally.

But I DID say in my thread title "disturbing" so you could have just passed it by, rather than call for it to be deleted because YOU don't like thinking about or discussing this reality.

@KingstonsMom  On the news last night they had a long segment about just this subject of dog farming in Korea and around the world.. It was talking about  the  International Humane Society and their buying dogs from the dog farmers and bringing them to different countries for adoption.  They showed the dogs in cages waiting for slaughter.... that they NEVER COME OUT OF THE CAGE THEIR ENTIRE LIFE..... It was hard to watch..... heart breaking....

They did show at least one golden retriever who had been adopted by a lady.  The dog  was named Sophie and looked so happy and healthy in her forever home... they showed Sophie in the cage prior to  her being brought home.... so sickly and sad.

This animal charity is one I give to often.. they save so many animals lives! 

Please everyone go to this website and read all about what they do.... and give if your heart speaks.....   ( Moderators please allow this website to stay up.... they are not selling anything... just saving animals lives on the planet.)

http://www.hsi.org/

Woman Mad ARE YOU FINISHED GREAT? WHILE THERE IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN THIS COUNTRY I DO NOT HAVE TO PASS ANY THREAD BY, AND IT IS DISTURBING AND DISGUSTING AS OTHERS HAVE SAID !!!!! AND BY KEEPING THIS THREAD UP WILL NOT SAVE ANY ANIMALS LIFE. MODERATORS PLEASE TAKE IT  DOWN THERE IS ARGUING ON THIS THREAD AND SOME NASTY POSTS BEING LEFT! 

Honored Contributor

@apple1964

No, you don't "have to pass it by", but you don't have to read it either.

I don't see the "arguing" and "nasty posts" that you see. What I see is posters stating their point of view on the practice, as it should be.

As for disturbing, yes it is and a lot of posters seemed to be disgusted because they were not aware of this happening here.

That was my take on it anyhow. If they were disgusted by the thread itself, surely many more would have asked that the thread be removed.

Awareness is powerful and can help bring about change, IMO.

Try to live and let live by not reading this thread, rather than act like your opinion is the only one that matters.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@apple1964  You certainly can have your opinion.  And that you posted how you feel about this thread

But to open a thread that obviously to you is disturbing when the title of the thread was telling you that it was disturbing... and then to post how you should not have to read about the issue as it disturbs you so is rather an oxymoron.

Why would you open a thread that says it is disturbing at all? You are most likely a very sensitive person, But, to open and read a thread that would most likely upset you  and want it shut down because it upset you?  

This subject also breaks my heart and soul and brings me to tears... yet, to not speak or hear  of it  is like putting your head in the sand.   It does not go away. It only will hopefully go away by awareness and bringing this subject up again and again to let people know it is going on.  That is how issues like this one  and any issue that has been kept secret  for many many years is brought to light and CHANGE FOR THE GOOD ONLY HAPPENS THIS WAY.  The recent Woman's issue  is just that... a hush hush issue that suddenly has become open and that  is the only way   a wound  in  society and in the World will heal.

As @KingstonsMom  so beautifully said:

"Awareness is powerful and can help bring about change"

THOSE are such powerful words! This thread brings awareness to a difficult and painful subject.  That is how change happens.

Valued Contributor

@geegerbee 

@NAES1

@I1ST5XS

This is the thread @cbrite mentioned.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree I judge both,  so wrong in all countries.  Animals are sentient beings and don't deserve to be served up on plates.  Unfortunately, animals are subjected to horrific conditions in this country.  Weekly you can attend to comfort the fear filled pigs and cows that are being trucked in to the slaughter companies near downtown Los Angeles.  People are so disconnected from the unrelenting pain and suffering.  We were raised with neatly packaged meat departments not subjected to the truth of the meat/dairy industry.  Easy to find the truth....check out Gary Yourofsky's The Best Speech You Will Ever Hear or watch Cowspiracy or Emily Bite Size Vegan on you tube has some educational films even for children.  There are many many resources.  If you are interested and want the truth wrapped in compassion for those who are in denial through no fault of their own, read Dr. Will Tuttle's World Peace Diet.  I realize that the problem is one of education and once your eyes are opened it is difficult to "unsee" the truth.   

@chrystaltreewrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them.