Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

wrote:

@apple1964

There are many 'disturbing' threads on these forums, including the ones about the 13 abused children/adults and more and all should be available for opinions/views.

Sticking my head in the sand is never the answer for me, personally.

But I DID say in my thread title "disturbing" so you could have just passed it by, rather than call for it to be deleted because YOU don't like thinking about or discussing this reality.

@KingstonsMom  On the news last night they had a long segment about just this subject of dog farming in Korea and around the world.. It was talking about  the  International Humane Society and their buying dogs from the dog farmers and bringing them to different countries for adoption.  They showed the dogs in cages waiting for slaughter.... that they NEVER COME OUT OF THE CAGE THEIR ENTIRE LIFE..... It was hard to watch..... heart breaking....

They did show at least one golden retriever who had been adopted by a lady.  The dog  was named Sophie and looked so happy and healthy in her forever home... they showed Sophie in the cage prior to  her being brought home.... so sickly and sad.

This animal charity is one I give to often.. they save so many animals lives! 

Please everyone go to this website and read all about what they do.... and give if your heart speaks.....   ( Moderators please allow this website to stay up.... they are not selling anything... just saving animals lives on the planet.)

http://www.hsi.org/

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Thank you so much for this post!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

With so many animals suffering horrible abuse in this country, I will concentrate my efforts here.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

With so many animals suffering horrible abuse in this country, I will concentrate my efforts here.

@CrazyDaisy  That is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy

I also concentrate my efforts locally.

But I hope that discussion of this horrific practice (involving torture) will help bring  awareness and hopefully change.

Even if it's just signing one of the many, many petitions online for an end to it.

It may not make any change, I am a realist, but I feel like a moment of my time and responding to a petition is just a couple of minutes of my time that I would've wasted on something else.

Bless you for your efforts here!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

@chrystaltree   I hate this analogy.... THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

It's called culture.    So, please.  Do tell me how killing and slautering and cooking up a cow is different that doing the same with a dog?   And don't tell me that cows like to be eaten...lol  Or we only eat the ones who drop dead from natural causes...lol

I heard the same BS "culture" talk when Mike Vick was caught doing the horrendous things he did. No,it's not "called culture" it's called cruelty. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

This is such a sick thing they do. Our golden rescue in IN just brought two dogs back they rescued from the meat trade. Has anyone seen the poor golden that lost all his paws. They were tied together over there and he was found in a dumpster. Despite this he is s therapy dog and is very happy. Anyone that would say a dog is the same as a cow is ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree:  I loved in S.Korea for five years.  It is true that some men eat dogmeat to "make man strong all over" but this is also true in other countries including China, Taiwan and the Philippines.  I am a dog lover but never worried about eating (or being offered) dog, as it is totally reserved for men and supposedly easily identifiable by its very red color.  The only precaution I took was, while in large local markets I'd ask " which way to dog and cat market? ", if they said "left", I would go "right".  The Koreans have many wonderful dishes that I still enjoy to this day.  I am truly amazed by some of the ignorant comments on this thread!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom I know....the boiling alive is vile...

I hope people will google this and go to the IMAGES....look at the faces of those dead, fried, tortured sweet dogs.............LOOK......................horrific / vile / horror they went through.....made my day so sad and could not sleep again last night crying.... My heart hurts. Smiley Sad

Intentional excessive torture is beyond criminal. I'm off today, I'm sorry.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

wrote:

This is such a sick thing they do. Our golden rescue in IN just brought two dogs back they rescued from the meat trade. Has anyone seen the poor golden that lost all his paws. They were tied together over there and he was found in a dumpster. Despite this he is s therapy dog and is very happy. Anyone that would say a dog is the same as a cow is ridiculous.

OMG!  I feel ill.... Smiley Sad  crying...