Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

@chrystaltree  I suppose if you had a pet pig or sheep who was near to your heart, you’d be disgusted by people eating them, right?

@Shanus

Not only that, but how would you feel knowing that they were cooked alive?

That seems to be the point that some are missing.

@KingstonsMom. Pa-leeeeese! Bowing out of this thread. The thought of it is too nauseating! 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I am well aware of the practice and I certainly  find it immoral and disgusting.  

Being an American, there isn’t much we can do.  Their government must  enforce their own laws.  Every time  we get involved, it leads to war.  That is why we are know as ugly Americans....we try to push our lifestyles on others.

When I travel, I see many things that I don’t agree with....mostly the treatment of children.  I have seen plenty that is sickening beyond belief.    Children are still being burned and  mutilated then sent out as beggars.  Their parents know that Westerners are suckers for children and we will open our wallets. This is bad, but I have seen worse still.

As a humans we think we have come so far as a species, and we have....always going backwards.  We have minds and hearts and use them for our own selfish reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

@chrystaltree  I suppose if you had a pet pig or sheep who was near to your heart, you’d be disgusted by people eating them, right?

@Shanus

You may be confusing this with that festival in China.  Most dogs in the meat trade are raised on farms much like the US raises livestock. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

Carmie:  Being industrialized doesn't make a country not third world.  That isn't what it means.  Do some research, it also happens to be one's opinion and it is mine.  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

We're boycotting the Winter Olympics in our home due to this horrific practice. We all know how they are treated/killed, absolutely disgusting.

South Koreans eat 1M dogs annually and even though their government requested they stop serving them in restaurants (for appearance sake) during the Olympics and even offered them subsidies, the restaurants are continuing to serve.

Just my own personal opinion/conviction.

No link due to graphic photos, but you can google it if you choose to, it's in the news.

Did you boycott the Winter Olympics when they were in Canada?  They serve horse. Norway does too.  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

The South Korean's are no better than the North Korean's in my mind.  It is just awful that the culture eat pet dogs.... I do not care what anyone says about how we eat cows etc... killing and treating dogs like livestock is just disgusting...

they also kill whales and fish with no regard for the future of the oceans... they pollute the air and poison the land... Awful people.  Just as how the government treats the peoples... their is not regard for human life, let alone regard for the life life of the planet and the animals that live on it.

Wow!  You hate all Koreans?  They are some of the niecest people around.  My mom and dad lived in Sol and were treated very well and my mom worked at the Olympics in 1988.  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

The Olympians are not responsible so by boycotting the Olympics is hurting them. They are being punished by something they have no control over.

I could not eat a dog but different cultures have different practices.

Brilliantly said.  My thoughts exactly.  

Respected Contributor

I hope all of you who are protesting the Koreans  are Vegans and I mean TRUE Vegans.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rwrote:

wrote:

The South Korean's are no better than the North Korean's in my mind.  It is just awful that the culture eat pet dogs.... I do not care what anyone says about how we eat cows etc... killing and treating dogs like livestock is just disgusting...

they also kill whales and fish with no regard for the future of the oceans... they pollute the air and poison the land... Awful people.  Just as how the government treats the peoples... their is not regard for human life, let alone regard for the life life of the planet and the animals that live on it.

Wow!  You hate all Koreans?  They are some of the niecest people around.  My mom and dad lived in Sol and were treated very well and my mom worked at the Olympics in 1988.  

I am surprised that anyone would hate any people in any country.  I truly pity the who live in North Korea, I don’t hate them.  They are used and abused by their government.

Many of them  are starving to death while the country spends their money on the military.

We in America have it good here.  Even the poorest of the poor are better off than many people in other countries.  We are very entitled and think we can command the rest of the world.

If you think that America is not polluting the oceans, the sky and the soil, think again.  There are many European  countries that do not want our agriculture goods and we can’t export them.  We aren’t so perfect as many people think.  Educate yourself!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@Shanus

You may be confusing this with that festival in China.  Most dogs in the meat trade are raised on farms much like the US raises livestock. 

No, I'm not confusing it with the Yulin festival in China, it's just like it and this is a regular occurrence in South Korea, just google it @CrazyDaisy

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.