Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

@SeaMaiden

My DH spent several months in SK while working for the gov't and he said it was just disgusting in general (not just the dog meat trade) that's he's ever been and he's been to many countries with his job.

He was advised by our gov't. not to eat anything locally (mystery meat/unsanitary conditions). He lived on peanut butter/jelly or food/bottled water, provided by our gov't.

And speaking of whales/dolphins, google Faroe Islands whale and dolphin slaughter, it's a 'coming of age' ritual every year.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@walkingal

My DH and I said the exact thing!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

UhhRe: Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

[ Edited ]

Disagree with statement on the treatment chicken, beef, pork so on. Shameful! Inhumane slaughterhouses! Matters not animals are not pets. Suffering! Incurred by such tactics wrong period. Each person entitled to express their opinions. Simple truth! Money behind every decision. Olympics no different from the industries supporting mass inhuman treatment of animals. People can't handle the truth. Sad but true.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@SeaMaiden

My DH spent several months in SK while working for the gov't and he said it was just disgusting in general (not just the dog meat trade) that's he's ever been and he's been to many countries with his job.

He was advised by our gov't. not to eat anything locally (mystery meat/unsanitary conditions). He lived on peanut butter/jelly or food/bottled water, provided by our gov't.

And speaking of whales/dolphins, google Faroe Islands whale and dolphin slaughter, it's a 'coming of age' ritual every year.

@KingstonsMom  I know.... it just is so difficult to even fathom... and hard to put out of my mind when I hug my two goldens.... and think about the slaughter of so many sea creatures.. and other mammals that they consume and treat inhumanly.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

This thread should not be removed because it may be disturbing, how many threads still exist on the 13 abused kids, is that not disturbing as well?

You and I (and others) know that one of the biggest issues here is the torture beforehand, because they believe it increases libido, as well as stealing pets.

I know that abuses occur here in meat processing plants, I've seen some of the videos and for 10 years won't eat any Smithfield product.

But there's a huge difference in type of torture, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I fail to see how eating dogs is any worse than eating any other type of animal.  So I wouldn't condemn the Koreans.  To each, his own.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr

As mentioned, they steal pets and they torture them beforehand, to increase their libido.

That's the difference in my mind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it’s troublesome, boycott.

If you want to make a bigger impact, boycott with your fork.

The impact we make in the USA will resonate throughout the World.

Same Same

4E27F515-13B2-4203-93D1-67103739D8EF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

@chrystaltree   I hate this analogy.... THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

It's called culture.    So, please.  Do tell me how killing and slautering and cooking up a cow is different that doing the same with a dog?   And don't tell me that cows like to be eaten...lol  Or we only eat the ones who drop dead from natural causes...lol

@chrystaltreeAnyone who would LOL on a disturbing thread like this   over such a traumatic  issue is not someone I want to converse with.  You believe how wish. There is no reason to reason with you, nor do I want to.

I figure this thread will be closed anyway as  the moderators will not let us discuss any important issues other than lipstick and Quacker Factory ...      .

I had several pet chickens.  Did you eat my pets?  Also a pet rabbit.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@SeaMaiden

This thread should not be removed because it may be disturbing, how many threads still exist on the 13 abused kids, is that not disturbing as well?

You and I (and others) know that one of the biggest issues here is the torture beforehand, because they believe it increases libido, as well as stealing pets.

I know that abuses occur here in meat processing plants, I've seen some of the videos and for 10 years won't eat any Smithfield product.

But there's a huge difference in type of torture, IMO.

@KingstonsMom   The videos taken secretly showing the dogs tied up.... wagging their tails... in filthy conditions... I am crying right now thinking about what I saw on those films.... OMG....