Honored Contributor

Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

We're boycotting the Winter Olympics in our home due to this horrific practice. We all know how they are treated/killed, absolutely disgusting.

South Koreans eat 1M dogs annually and even though their government requested they stop serving them in restaurants (for appearance sake) during the Olympics and even offered them subsidies, the restaurants are continuing to serve.

Just my own personal opinion/conviction.

No link due to graphic photos, but you can google it if you choose to, it's in the news.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Olympics/Dog Meat Trade (Disturbing)

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Inhumane treatment poultry, beef, pork exist here. Do my part. Problem bigger than first realized. Boycotting personal choice. Your compassion and bringing awareness to be commended. Doubt I will live long enough to witness change. Believe one day it will happen. Thank you for your message.⚘

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The South Korean's are no better than the North Korean's in my mind.  It is just awful that the culture eat pet dogs.... I do not care what anyone says about how we eat cows etc... killing and treating dogs like livestock is just disgusting...

they also kill whales and fish with no regard for the future of the oceans... they pollute the air and poison the land... Awful people.  Just as how the government treats the peoples... their is not regard for human life, let alone regard for the life life of the planet and the animals that live on it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

They eat dogs.  We eat chicken, pigs and sheep.  Some people even enjoy some tasty horsemeat.   What's the difference?   If they don't judge me, I won't judge them. 

@chrystaltree   I hate  THIS/your analogy.... THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.  You can judge or not judge as you please... but I disagree with you.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@chrystaltree   I hate this analogy.... THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

It's called culture.    So, please.  Do tell me how killing and slautering and cooking up a cow is different that doing the same with a dog?   And don't tell me that cows like to be eaten...lol  Or we only eat the ones who drop dead from natural causes...lol

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree

But we don't steal people's pets to eat (hopefully).

As I said, just my opinion and I certainly respect yours.

I knew this subject would be raised when I posted the thread and all opinions are welcomed, as it should be on a forum.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

What was the IOC thinking when they made their choice for the 2018 Olympics.  

Respected Contributor

The Olympians are not responsible so by boycotting the Olympics is hurting them. They are being punished by something they have no control over.

I could not eat a dog but different cultures have different practices.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@chrystaltree   I hate this analogy.... THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

It's called culture.    So, please.  Do tell me how killing and slautering and cooking up a cow is different that doing the same with a dog?   And don't tell me that cows like to be eaten...lol  Or we only eat the ones who drop dead from natural causes...lol

@chrystaltreeAnyone who would LOL on a disturbing thread like this   over such a traumatic  issue is not someone I want to converse with.  You believe how wish. There is no reason to reason with you, nor do I want to.

I figure this thread will be closed anyway as  the moderators will not let us discuss any important issues other than lipstick and Quacker Factory ...      .