Respected Contributor

Re: Why does letting them go have to be so hard??

I'm so sorry for your loss.  She was a beautiful girl.  I've been a cat Mom for decades so I know how hard it is.  Hoping you will find comfort knowing that you gave her a loving home.  Take care.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

All my sympathy.  It is a hard time for you right now.  Just know that she young and free in the sunlight now.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss of Betty, @savetheanimals .  It is hard to let them go because we love them so much.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Betty was a beauty, and you two seem to have had a wonderful relationship. How lucky she was to find such a wonderful purr-son. Losing our sweet fur- kids is hard because of the mutual love/trust between human and pet. I am sure the timing was the best and that you gave her the greatest gift by letting her go. I am sorry for your loss. Right now I am getting close to making a similar decision with my beautiful 11 year old long- haired cat who has lymphoma. It really is hard.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately the greater the love, the greater the hurt:  but, the most precious bond binding you and beautiful Betty together always remains and can never the severed.

Betty is happily watching over you right now, thanking you for taking on the most painful act you will ever have, i.e., letting her go on to the rainbow bridge.

Though you can't see her, she is with you, biding the time 'til you are together again.  When she feels you are ready, @savetheanimals , she will send you a sign, proving she is with you in spirit.

God BlessHeart

Honored Contributor

Oh, how I feel your pain.  For some of us, it's tragic.  Yes, you will begin to feel better as times passes, but you will never forget.  

For now, crying may be the best thing you can do for yourself.  

Trusted Contributor

What a beautiful girl💕I'm very sorry for loss. It's never easy, saying goodbye, to our family, 4 legged or human.

May all your wonderfully memories, bring you joy and comfort!  

Honored Contributor

@savetheanimals 

I am sorry for your loss.  

Please know Sweet Betty loves you and knows you love her.

She knows you followed your heart and did the best for her.

I believe with all my heart we will be with our fur babies again.

Wishing you Peace in your good memories.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thank you for welcoming a senior cat into your home and taking such good care of her.  Wish there were many more like you.

You have done a wonderful thing...keep that in mind.  

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful girl and how wonderful that you adopted a senior.As you can see, looks like all of us has had to make that decision. I myself, hve been thru it 7 times. They are all still in my heart and I've never forgotten any of them and still miss each and every one. Anyhow, I wish you peace and know what a good thing you've done so she wouldn't suffer. Bless you.