Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  They are both beautiful.  I wish ours loved strangers, alas, they are both "part chicken".  Just run and hide.

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb 

So elegant!

Her coat is especially beautiful.  How lucky you found each other!

Respected Contributor

Re: Why I Love Bengal Cats

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@denisemb 

So elegant!

Her coat is especially beautiful.  How lucky you found each other!

Millie doesn't look so great in my pictures. evidently their coat changes after having kittens.  Carolyn (our breeder) chose her because of her "redness" that she wanted to introduce into her program.

Millie was SO special - totally gentle and smart. She'd had pyometra with her last litter that didn't survive and she needed to be spayed.  I was reluctant to adopt her because she was older and was afraid our teenage Rocko (her great grandson) might be too rough on her. Later, I realized Carolyn probably thought I was a loon to be concerned.  After all, Millie'd  "danced with the devil" being bred to various studs, had raised kittens and Rocko would be no problem for her, LOL

True to form, she'd alternate between treating Rocko like a giant kitten and boinking his head on the floor when he became too rough.

And there was the Xmas morning she opened our bedrroom door to wake us...

Got a million Bengal stories.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@denisemb  They are both beautiful.  I wish ours loved strangers, alas, they are both "part chicken".  Just run and hide.

It's strange, because Asian Leopard cats are known to be quite shy. (Like the domestics we all love.)

Guess I lucked out or the breeder was beyond excellent in socializing her kittens.

Denise