Respected Contributor

Why I Love Bengal Cats

[ Edited ]

And this one is an "adventure cat" who travels with her human.  What a beauty!!

Slide 5 of 16:  When asked how she gets Suki to sit for photos, Gutfreund said, "Suki generally just likes to sit and take it all in, so that part is pretty easy! I also put my  camera settings on high continuous shoot mode with a fast shutter speed, which makes it much easier to capture a good shot even if the moment lasted a split second."

Check out her "travels": 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/travel-photos/suki-the-adventure-cat-travels-the-world-with-her-own...

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

The cat is beautiful.

However, I could/would never drag a cat around with me on any travel, but the owner knows her better than anyone.  Assuming she enjoys all of this is a big leap, but I suppose it is possible.

My pet sitter had Bengals and would take in rescues.

I understand they are busy and demanding cats.

Suki sure is sleek.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  She's a real beauty.  I have seen a lot of cats but never one like her.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful kitty!

Esteemed Contributor

They are such stinkpot, high energy beauties! Thanks for sharing her story.

Honored Contributor

Bengals are the bad boys of the domestic cat world.  Just magnificent animals and I think it is critical that their perspective is respected and understood if being considered as a family member.

Interesting post..."the adventure cat".  The constant travel in planes, venue changes, cat backpacks doesn't seem compatable with the nature of a Bengal.  I enjoyed the photos....I just hope this fiercely independent cat is as happy with the adventures as the owners appear to be - and not a ploy for YouTube ratings.

@denisemb I do appreciate your sharing the photos of these beautiful cats.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why I Love Bengal Cats

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

The cat is beautiful.

However, I could/would never drag a cat around with me on any travel, but the owner knows her better than anyone.  Assuming she enjoys all of this is a big leap, but I suppose it is possible.

My pet sitter had Bengals and would take in rescues.

I understand they are busy and demanding cats.

Suki sure is sleek.

We adopted a retired breeder female from our breeder to be a companion to our F3, Rocko.  Millwood Millie of San Souci was like royalty because she came from the Jean Mill catery in CA.  Ms. Mill was generally credited with developing the Bengal breed.

So Millie flew from CA to FL and also took part in many cat shows.  She was a hoot.  We just had to bring the cat carrier out and she'd shoot into it like "I'm ready to go!"  Millie was also leash trained and loved going for walks.

I'm not the best photographer, but here she was, ready to go:

cimg0269.jpg

Denise
Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Bengals are the bad boys of the domestic cat world.  Just magnificent animals and I think it is critical that their perspective is respected and understood if being considered as a family member.

Interesting post..."the adventure cat".  The constant travel in planes, venue changes, cat backpacks doesn't seem compatable with the nature of a Bengal.  I enjoyed the photos....I just hope this fiercely independent cat is as happy with the adventures as the owners appear to be - and not a ploy for YouTube ratings.

@denisemb I do appreciate your sharing the photos of these beautiful cats.

Interesting, neither of our two were fiercely independent; on the contrary they were always nearby or ON us.   Never met a stranger they didn't like, and would always run to the door if the doorbell rang.  More friendly dog-like than most domestic cats.  But maybe your experiences are different.

They've both passed on, and we're just too old now to deal with the non-stop play and entertaining they crave!  But we think about them every day and cherish the memories.

cimg0152.jpg

Denise
Respected Contributor

I love them too!!!Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  Thanks for the Bengal photos! I researched them before getting my last Jack Russell. 
  I had a Sealpoint Siamese once and he was like a dog on his leash and retrieved balls! Always said I'd get one when I'm too old to walk the dogs. 
  I don't think I'd have the energy for a Bengal or might not outlive it!  I can't have one with my two dogs!