Honored Contributor

Re: When your fur baby should be drinking more water....

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

My cat Bogey was introduced to flavored water at an early age and it has paid off.   I wanted him to be a "heavy drinker" for kidney health.

I started with the water in canned tuna, salmon or chicken; diluted or not.   His favorite is chicken water, but try broth as well and see what your girl seems to like best.   

Smiling cat face with heart eyes     Smiling cat face with heart eyes     Smiling cat face with heart eyes

This sounds very interesting, can you share the exact steps.....I want to try this😀

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

As simple as can be.  Open a can of whatever protein, squeeze out the water and give them a couple  tablespoons on a dish.   The smell usually attracts them and they'll at least try it.  It's also possible that the small amounts of sodium in that water will cause them to drink more regular water, too.     

Bogey honestly thinks that flavored water is a special treat, so I try to use only half with a tad more water added .... and the rest is for tomorrow.   

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

My cat Bogey was introduced to flavored water at an early age and it has paid off.   I wanted him to be a "heavy drinker" for kidney health.

I started with the water in canned tuna, salmon or chicken; diluted or not.   His favorite is chicken water, but try broth as well and see what your girl seems to like best.   

Smiling cat face with heart eyes     Smiling cat face with heart eyes     Smiling cat face with heart eyes

This sounds very interesting, can you share the exact steps.....I want to try this😀

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

As simple as can be.  Open a can of whatever protein, squeeze out the water and give them a couple  tablespoons on a dish.   The smell usually attracts them and they'll at least try it.  It's also possible that the small amounts of sodium in that water will cause them to drink more regular water, too.     

Bogey honestly thinks that flavored water is a special treat, so I try to use only half with a tad more water added .... and the rest is for tomorrow.   

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

You're very welcome ... we have to take good care of our furbabies.   If you think of it, please let me know which protein water seems to be the favorite.