Esteemed Contributor

So sorry you are going thru this.  It is a tough decision.  With the help of your Vet, you should be able to make a decision you will be comfortable with.  Blessing to you and your family.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Is she still eating? There are those doggy wagons that

lift up her rear legs- like a wheelbarrow.

Only you will know when it’s time, I’m so very sorry.

Trusted Contributor

She been on pain meds for awhile for arthritis.  When she stands up her front legs shake and sometimes she licks her paws. I'm thinking it's because her feet hurt even on 2 different meds.

I guess the question is quality of life.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2  Ask your vet about CBD.  Two friends of mine had dogs who could barely stand up let alone walk and after taking it they were mobile and pain free again even though a bit slower.

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry to read this @sweetee2

15 years is a very long life.

Thinking of you.

Respected Contributor

Quantity or quality of life is the issue that is faced.

The mind tells you one thing and the heart cries another.

With your loving eyes look at your Molly, see her as she "is" because she will forever be as she "was" all your 15 years together.

You know what to do and do not need validation. Trust in yourself and believe in what your soul is telling you.

You Love and letting go is not saying goodbye. The angels will watch Molly.

My heart weeps for your sorrow.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2

My heart is heavy for you.  This a horribly difficult decision that does not get easier with time or practice.

You must look into Molly’s eyes deeply, if you see pain, sadness, or lack of joy, you will know.

Our Animals love us and trust us, Part of that blessed, unconditional love is that we must make the decision, out of love, to give them this last, most painful gift.

Blessings to you and Molly. Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Poor Molly.  Still a happy girl but time is taking it's toll.  My usual rule is when a pet doesn't have the strength or "where with all" to get out of their own waste or if they have wasted away and won't eat any more.  Most times they will give you a sign.  You just have to look for it and believe it when you see it. 

Molly dosen't undertand why her legs won't work. If she was still in good health I would say look into the little carts for dogs down in the back end. 

I have just one aside thought.  Have you recently started her on Gabapentin?  My sisters old dog had two doses then she couldn't get up.  was still alert just couldn't get her legs to work.  Stopped the Gabapentin and she got better.  

Again I'm sincerely sorry Molly is not doing well.  Give her liots of cuddles and goodies while you can.

Super Contributor

I had a cat with kidney cancer and my vet gave her Tramadol for pain.  A lot of vets will not prescribe strong enough pain meds.  She did well for several months but then I could tell she was not comfortable anymore and believe it or not I could tell she asked us to help her end her life.  She told us she had enough.  At the vet she put her paws on my and my husbands hand as to say 'it's O.K."  She went to slepp so peacefully looking at us the whole time like saying 'thank you'.  If you have a strong bond with your dog you will know when he is ready.  I had several of my old timers euthanized.  It is a hard decision and breaks your heart each time.  Most of them went to sleep very peacefully except one I had tube fed and nursed for a long time.  He did not want to go and clung to me clawing my neck after he was injected.  Haunts me to this day.  He had lost so much weight in the end and looked terrible.  He could barely stand up.  But I think he wanted to pass at home on his terms.  When I took him to the vet for his last trip he was purring in the carrier and kneading his blanket. He had perked up and actually looked a little better.   In hindsight that might have been his way of saying no matter what I am not ready. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate