Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Report the post as inappropriate.  In the comments section, write you'd like it moved.

Seriously?????????????????????????????????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When a dog throws up..THIS SHOULD BE IN PET SECTION...SORRY!

@SeaMaiden

just saw this so I'm probably late...........

It sounds like your dog is hungry...(not saying you do not feed her)

.If this happens it usually means their tummy is empty...........

Honored Contributor

UPDATE ON Lola.

She continued to vomit for almost three days.  So really could not keep anything down.  Took her to the vet today.....Xrays revealed nothing swallowed stuck in her belly....and no tumors...cancer ....all good news...

Blood work done showed possible pancreatic inflammation..... so She is on antibiotics....a bland diet...they gave her fluids too as she was dehydrated.  And a shot for nausea .

she ate her rice and chicken tonight...with gusto!  Give her a week and see how she is doing.  Will have to watch her fat content in her food from now on.  Not a problem.  

I will I’ll update in a couple days and let you know if the vomiting stopped.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden, good to hear of Lola's update.

I hope she is on the road to a full recovery.

Respected Contributor

Maybe your dog just got a hair in her mouth from the carpet. A hair always makes me throw up. Just a thought . My daughter- in -law always left her hair behind every time she visited and it would wrap around the beater bar on my sweeper so bad that I had to use scissors to remove it. She no longer visits as my son and her divorced so that is making my sweeper happy. So think back if anyone visited lately that had long hair, possibly the Holidays.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Maybe your dog just got a hair in her mouth from the carpet. A hair always makes me throw up. Just a thought . My daughter- in -law always left her hair behind every time she visited and it would wrap around the beater bar on my sweeper so bad that I had to use scissors to remove it. She no longer visits as my son and her divorced so that is making my sweeper happy. So think back if anyone visited lately that had long hair, possibly the Holidays.

@BeccaLou   blood tests were pointing towards pancreatitis... so I need to start watching her diet more closely.  She is almost 10 and as pets and people age, our diets must  be adjusted.  Thanks anyway for the suggestion! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I just saw your thread.  I am sorry to hear about Lola and her pancreatic inflammation.  I am not a big proponent on putting a dog on antibiotic for inflammation, but most vets seem to do this.  Maybe it is a preventive measure.  Anyway, my sister's dog had this years ago.  He is a 10 pound Yorkie.  Whenever he begins to show the symptoms of a recurrance, the vet has my sister give him Famatodine.  It always brings him around.  It is an OTC med that is pretty cheap......it has been around forever.  And yes, she has to watch how much greasy food she gives him.  Hopefully, this is a one time bout for your sweet baby.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I just saw your thread.  I am sorry to hear about Lola and her pancreatic inflammation.  I am not a big proponent on putting a dog on antibiotic for inflammation, but most vets seem to do this.  Maybe it is a preventive measure.  Anyway, my sister's dog had this years ago.  He is a 10 pound Yorkie.  Whenever he begins to show the symptoms of a recurrance, the vet has my sister give him Famatodine.  It always brings him around.  It is an OTC med that is pretty cheap......it has been around forever.  And yes, she has to watch how much greasy food she gives him.  Hopefully, this is a one time bout for your sweet baby.

@tends2dogs  Thank you so much for your post!  I think since the vet was not entirely sure it was not some kind of infection/ virus OR mild form pancreatic inflamation... they gave her the antibiotic...   The blood tests showed it MIGHT BE PANCREATITIS  but, not conclusive... so, I will follow the protocol for that for the next few days... see how she is feeling and go from there. 

I will look up Famatodine.  I appreciate your information.  I will stay in touch! Smiley Happy~SeaMaiden! 

Esteemed Contributor

When any of my dogs got sick then I would feed them rice, boiled chicken and some chicken broth. Do this for a few days and slowly mix in their food by day #4 if they are improving. 

You can also purchase pumpkin puree (at the pet store) or canned pumpkin or sweet potatoes (from the pet store) It is different than what is on the grocery store shelves. This will settle the tummy and bum but it will also clean out what is in the digestive tract. I don't mean to "TMI" but be prepared to put them out for potty soonr than later. 

I have GSD's and we always have at least one that has "issues". 

Hope one of these work for your sweet pet.

Respected Contributor

So very glad that you took the dog to the vets. That is best we aren't vets, and I wish you and your dog wellness and happiness.