Honored Contributor

What's Your Cat's Favorite Toy?

[ Edited ]

Henry's favorite toy right now is a set of two wool rings that I ordered from Etsy.  It's a great toy.  It's called a wool ring cluster toy.  I'm posting a picture of it.  His next favorite is probably his tower of tracks ball and track toy.  I ordered that from Amazon for him before I got him.  I just ordered him a SmartyKat Loco Motion cat toy from Amazon.  It should arrive tomorrow.  I'm posting that picture, too.  It looks like something he'll really like.  

What do your cats like to play with?  I haven't bought Henry a toy in a while until I decided to order the SmartyKat toy.

il_570xN.1083834365_2lor.jpg81wftsNrE5L._SL1500_.jpg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Cat's Favorite Toy?

We have several cats, and each has different preferences which change from day today. But there are a few faves that they all seem to enjoy. Of course, a paper bag is number one.  Open it up, toss it on the floor, and one of the cats immediately gets in and another starts playing with the cat in the bag. Number two is a figure 8 shaped toy with a ball in a track and there is a little bridge that goes over part of the track to complete the figure 8. It's one of the few storebought toys that they really love.  Number three is one I made which couldn't be simpler. We live in a post and beam house and I simply screwed a cup hook into a beam in the living room and hung a large stuffed bird on a long piece of string dangling just above the floor. It seems that all of the cats play with that regularly.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannEwrote:

We have several cats, and each has different preferences which change from day today. But there are a few faves that they all seem to enjoy. Of course, a paper bag is number one.  Open it up, toss it on the floor, and one of the cats immediately gets in and another starts playing with the cat in the bag. Number two is a figure 8 shaped toy with a ball in a track and there is a little bridge that goes over part of the track to complete the figure 8. It's one of the few storebought toys that they really love.  Number three is one I made which couldn't be simpler. We live in a post and beam house and I simply screwed a cup hook into a beam in the living room and hung a large stuffed bird on a long piece of string dangling just above the floor. It seems that all of the cats play with that regularly.

I need to go to Trader Joe's to get some paper bags.  I don't go there often and get plastic bags at the grocery store.  I used to take my own reusable bags to the grocery store but need the plastic ones to use when I'm scooping his litter box.  I actually don't have a paper bag but know he would love it.  Thanks for the idea!

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

@libbyannEwrote:

I need to go to Trader Joe's to get some paper bags.  I don't go there often and get plastic bags at the grocery store.  I used to take my own reusable bags to the grocery store but need the plastic ones to use when I'm scooping his litter box.  I actually don't have a paper bag but know he would love it.  Thanks for the idea!

@NickNack

Hi! I know what you mean. I keep plastic bags for litter scooping, so periodically I have to ask for a paper bag at the store just so the cats can play in it. I keep ping-pong balls for the cats, too. Always popular! If a cat sees you rolling a ping-pong ball into a bag on the floor, he/she will almost always dash into the bag to get it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine loves the handles on the bags that are kind of a twisted paper cord. She throws it around and then carries it all over the house. Usually will put them under the rugs then wrestles with the rugs to get at them. Very funny. Also loves to jump in the pile of  plastic grocery sacks too---her brother would grab a potato from my pantry and batt that around too. Hilarious!!!

Honored Contributor

Mine is 18 so she is pretty dignified most of the time but her favorite is a fresh piece of paper-the beige kind that they use in stores to wrap something breakableSmiley Happy

Sometimes she will bat her catnip toy around-I put organic catnip made in the us (hard to find!)in some pink netting and tied a ribbon around it.

Once when she was younger I bought her one of those wire toys that have a feather bird attached and somehow my daughter accidently stepped on it and the wire went thru her foot!!

I cringe everytime I see one of those. I remember someone coming over to help who also shuddered when he saw it. So beware of those!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the baywrote:

Mine is 18 so she is pretty dignified most of the time but her favorite is a fresh piece of paper-the beige kind that they use in stores to wrap something breakableSmiley Happy

Sometimes she will bat her catnip toy around-I put organic catnip made in the us (hard to find!)in some pink netting and tied a ribbon around it.

Once when she was younger I bought her one of those wire toys that have a feather bird attached and somehow my daughter accidently stepped on it and the wire went thru her foot!!

I cringe everytime I see one of those. I remember someone coming over to help who also shuddered when he saw it. So beware of those!

@on the bay  That's very scary that the wire went through your daughter's foot!

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

For 10 yrs its been beer caps & plastic bags.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@NickNack  Sophie’s favorite toy is also the tower with the balls. She also loves shoe laces, and now has her own pink ones that she throws around and carries from room to room. She loves fuzzy mice that rattle, but those have to be kept away from her canine brother who will destroy them in a hot minute! Those wool rings look great. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Spats loves his furry mice especially ones with internal soundmaker. He has dozens of them all around the house. His favorite place to put them is under the stove and under the TV stand. I have to be careful with rubber bands. He finds them no matter what but so far has not ingested them.