Trusted Contributor

Re: What new things do your older pets do

One of my senior dogs is doing the same tissue shredding thing.  He never, ever did this before, but now his nose is in the bathroom trash can just scanning for tissue.  So odd.

Trusted Contributor

My last dog started losing his hearing around age 13-14. I started using a sort of sign language for him. He caught on fast, and that was how I ended up communicating with him.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

My little chihuahua, Shad-O is 17 years old but since about 15, she isn't very active, when she goes outside she likes to explore at a nice pace and rolls around in the grass.  But now she drinks a lot of water and I mean a lot. Sometimes I have to tell her that's enough. 

Valued Contributor

I had a border collie/schnauzer and other mixed breed dog as well as my chihuahua/yorkie mix. My b/c used to put his head on the ground and stick his rear end up when he wanted a butt scratch. He'd run around the house and if I got up to go to the kitchen or another room, he would run in front of me and do this. He has been gone for about 8 years now. All of a sudden, my chorkie has started to do the same thing. When I get ready in the morning and walk out of the bedroom to go downstairs, he stops at the top of the steps and does this. When I go to take him out for a walk, he does this. It's so funny. Makes me miss my other dog though!

cookin