Honored Contributor

Re: What name would you pick for a male chocolate Lab, consider Italian..

@Dazlin wrote:

Love so many of the suggestions here...some made me laugh 😄.   We are still keeping our eyes out, and taking it slow and cautious.  I'm definitely considering the chocolate lab. I have Gabriel my yellow lab, a rescue,  under 2 yrs, and Teaspoon my Maltese 15 yrs and on heart meds, doing great.  Our thinking was another puppy would be alot on Teaspoon so we were waiting,  but shes doing really well.  Gabriel still HIGH energy and can be a bit rambunctious, but hes sooooo fun, and goofy.  Everyone says hes the happiest dog they've ever met....he just LOVES everyone...even the vet!

Mailman, FedEx, you name it...he goes crazy🤣.  So we thought a pup would be super nice for him....he LOVES all dogs 🐶🐕🐩.   I'll keep all these fabulous names on hand...thanks so much everyone!!

@Dazlin   I think you would be wise to wait on getting another dog.  I had two dogs, and one of them died.  The other dog (13 years old) had heart disease and was on meds but doing well.  I had already decided not to get another dog until he passed, but my Vet told me to wait.  She said it would be hard on him if I got another dog.  I agreed and did wait.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thanks @NickNack ...appreciate your thoughts.  I kinda know,  and I do have my hands full taking care of her, diet, bathing, etc., she has other issues with skin growths that need daily attention.  We are trying to hold out, and I will also seek my vets advice.  I must be crazy to take on another pup🤯

Valued Contributor

Brownie

Denali

Chip .  (choc. chips) :-)