Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite dog breed and why...

Pink nosed yellow lLab. Every one I've ever met has been a sweetheart through and through.

Papillon /Phalene  love the look of these little ones.  They're clever too. 

Boarder Terriers  Not too big, Nice amount of bone so, not fragile. Eager little things that'll keep you active.

Wish dog  Clumber spaniel.  So homley they're cute. 

Super Contributor

Aussies and Papillons! Both too smart for their own good though Woman Happy

Mr. Harry agrees!

MrHarry.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Happy2BHere  Mr. Harry Sir, You Are a Charmer!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't pick just one.  Every dog I've had was the Best and my Favorite.

I've always loved Mixed Breed/Mutts but have also had a few Purebreds in my past too.

Currently, I'd have to say "Rescued" is my pick and Mosey is glad about that! 

No photo description available.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Esteemed Contributor

Maltese...I love their beautiful coat and loving temperment....

I have a Morkie now because they are really up there in price for one from a good breeder.....

Here is my Belle....FB_IMG_1533669871805.jpg

Contributor

@Jackyl wrote:

We certainly do have our favorite breeds.  Mine is the Toy Manchester Terrier.  I think they are the perfect small dog.  They aren't barkers, they have a short coat which requires minimal grooming, they have a loving and loyal personality, they are smart, they stay small about 12 pounds, beautful coloring (all are the same-black and tan), don't really shed.  It is a very uncommon breed, I am actually looking for a puppy now and cannot find one.  I don't understand why they aren't more common.  I think these are the perfect small dog. 

Jackyl, I also currently have two Toy Manchester Terriers. They are so unique. May I ask where you found yours? I was lucky I have a lady in my city who breeds them. You are right about them being uncommon. People always ask me if they are miniature pinchers.

Esteemed Contributor

@pretty pitty wrote:

@Jackyl wrote:

We certainly do have our favorite breeds.  Mine is the Toy Manchester Terrier.  I think they are the perfect small dog.  They aren't barkers, they have a short coat which requires minimal grooming, they have a loving and loyal personality, they are smart, they stay small about 12 pounds, beautful coloring (all are the same-black and tan), don't really shed.  It is a very uncommon breed, I am actually looking for a puppy now and cannot find one.  I don't understand why they aren't more common.  I think these are the perfect small dog. 

@Jackyl , I also currently have two Toy Manchester Terriers. They are so unique. May I ask where you found yours? I was lucky I have a lady in my city who breeds them. You are right about them being uncommon. People always ask me if they are miniature pinchers.

Just wanted to help you get your message to the above poster.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine is Yorkshire Terriers.  Definite Yorkie mom.  I'll need to read all replies, to see who loves which one.  

After seeing these beautiful, darling babies, hey....what's not to love in a dog, right?  I'm a dog person.  But I have met some darling cats and kits too.  

Good post and responses.

Frequent Contributor

Any rescue, all they want is to be loved. Adopt don't shop.

Super Contributor

My favorite breeds are shepherds.  I love long-haired German Shepherds, Shiloh Shepherds and Belgian Shepherds in particular. 

However, my next favorite dog has to be the Flat Coated Retreiver.  They have such a cheerful and fun-loving personality.  

I guess I just like big long-haired dogs.  I love running my fingers through their soft hair.  

As for rescues .... we have had mixed luck with rescues.  Some have been great dogs, but others have come with a bunch of baggage.