Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite dog breed and why...

This is our girl... our funny and sweet Abby....  LOVE LOVE LOVE her.2022-06-17 12_39_16-Search.png

Respected Contributor

this is such a beautiful thread to read

i am smiling with each post

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

What an uplifting, fun question for a summer's day.

I would say "all" as each is an indiviual as lovable and different as us humans. But my favorite breeds are two.

I had several wonderful Shelties who were loyal, regal, intelligent and caring. I loved them so much and not a day goes by that hub and I don't talk about them..

But I have to add a terrier mix. We rescued a little girl whose owners left her on the front lawn and moved. She is the sweetest, kindest, most loving girl ever. She gives me reason to hope and shows me constantly that every day is precious. She is the love of my life.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my, this is a hard one to answer...

Have had in my lifetime 5 dogs - 1 mix breed, 3 beagles and 1 chihuahua mix.  Each one loved me so much and I loved all of them so much too.  Each one had a different personality.  

The only thing I regret is that they were not with me long enough as they all brought me so much happiness!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite breed is the abused rescue that needs me the most, like my current rescue, Kingston.

He is so sweet, very smart, trained easily and so loyal!

He knows all of his commands strictly by hand gestures, no verbal command.

We love him as much as he loves us!Heart

Landon.2-1.jpg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Another vote for westies.  I have had 5 in my lifetime.  I expect them waiting for me at rainbow bridge.  So lonely without them.

Love seeing that Kingston!  Thanks for that.

Contributor

i am sorry for your loss.i have a yorkie too them. 

Contributor

meallen616 i meant to put your name for your name on board iam sorry for your loss. 

Honored Contributor

@meallen616   My heart breaks for you...I know that painful sadness.  It has been 11 years since I lost my little girl and she will never be forgotten.  How wonderful that we have experienced the love of these precious sweethearts.💓

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My rescue Silky Terriers. Best dogs I've ever had the privilege to share my life with. This explains it.

Yorkshire Terrier When It's Too Hard To Look Back And You're Too Afraid To  Look Ahead Look Right Beside You And I'll Be There Canvas Poster - TeeNavi