Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite dog breed and why...

[ Edited ]

@nyc1   My "Dales were Ozwald a nd Clementine. Oz was the smaller AKC in the dog shows while Clem was the Oorang variety, you know the gentle giant of Airedales. Everything you describe these guys to be and then some, so true. Clementine would have been a beautiful Service Dog to visit hospitals. She was so gentle, loved everybody, any stranger could walk up to her and just stand there while you just melted into her curly fur. Ozzie was the feisty one, silly guy but oh so loveable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like others have said, I like them all. The two breeds I'm most fond of  are Australian Shepherds and Border Collie's.  They are both smart, loyal, and easy to train.  They want to please you and be with you. With that said, I wouldn't get one unless I could let it run free in a safe place or take it for long walks twice a day. They need that.

Regular Contributor

Westie. They are little charmers.

Respected Contributor

Cairn Terriers.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite breed is a Pug dog.   My grandparents always had Pugs when we were kids and I have such fond memories of those dogs, I loved them dearly.   We are mostly cat people though we love all animals.   For our lifestyle cats have been a more suitable choice over the years.  At this time we don't have a pet, still getting over the loss of our last one.   We do like to travel though and until we can't we may not get back into it.

I do live though, vicariously through my adult kids' 5 cats and one dog combined, LOL!

Respected Contributor

i am her favorite of course!! because i give unconditionally.

i am a mutt  Smiley Happy

elliemae1.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

If I had to name a breed, I would say dachshund, 🌭 but In general, for me anyway, there is nothing like a mixed breed, aka/mutt, from the Humane Society.  Got my most lovable dogs from there.  🐕

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@nyc1   My "Dales were Ozwald a nd Clementine. Oz was the smaller AKC in the dog shows while Clem was the Oorang variety, you know the gentle giant of Airedales. Everything you describe these guys to be and then some, so true. Clementine would have been a beautiful Service Dog to visit hospitals. She was so gentle, loved everybody, any stranger could walk up to her and just stand there while you just melted into her curly fur. Ozzie was the feisty one, silly guy but oh so loveable.

@PINKdogWOOD  HOW FABULOUS...   both my Airedales were/are very approachable, but such different temperments.  My first was a calm 62lbs and would do nothing at all to challenge me.  Abby is 41 lbs and a clown...   just the opposite. I knew that we would have to do a lot of serious training when she was a puppy based on what I saw.  She was a completely different pup than my first!  LOVE THEM BOTH EQUALLY.   I'm always up for a challenge...  a fun challenge!  They both turned out to be amazing dogs that completely won our hearts. 

Respected Contributor

A photo of all my dogs.........never purchased one from a breeder.  My favorite is the rough collie.  I had an entire list of different breeds I wanted,  but due to some knee issues, that has gone out the window. Rescues.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Collies and Golden Retrievers for me! We've had Collies, and just absolutely adore them! My brother had Goldens and they were so sweet. Both breeds are so intelligent, and almost comical. I swear, my Collie would play hide and go seek.