Honored Contributor

Re: What if animals were superior to humans? (fluff)

@denisemb  This isn't ego talking Woman Happy  I'm 57 years old and have never gone looking for a companion animal.  They choose me - cats, dogs and in the last 15 years, birds.  It's not like I live somewhere remote where I'm the only game in town.  I don't know....they find me and I have to say that I prefer it that way.  

It would be hard for me to visit a shelter and just take one cat or dog.  I know me, I'd be thinking of the ones I left behind.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: What if animals were superior to humans? (fluff)

@denisemb 

I had a similar experience just last year when I adopted my little Kiku from a shelter.

I'd gone there specifically to meet another dog.  That other dog wanted nothing to do with me, so I said to the shelter worker, I guess we should go see the little chihuahua - a type of dog I'd never considered before.

I got an amazing greeting, so much so that it made me shed a few tears.  We've been very close ever since, and the bond gets deeper every day.  

My DD's first cat chose her, too.  Out of a litter of half a dozen or more, this cat was the only one who greeted us at the door when we walked in.  She knew.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.