Respected Contributor

What if animals were superior to humans? (fluff)

Would you get chosen to be their "human"?

I've had several cats "choose" me, but if they had other humans to choose...I dunno.

(And although I adore all big cats, please don't choose me as I'd need to work several jobs to keep you fed.)Cat Wink

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: What if animals were superior to humans? (fluff)

I've had quite a few people say if they ever came back as a dog, they would choose me as their owner.  

Honored Contributor

"What if" animals were superior to humans?  

Why, of course they are!!!  🤣

Esteemed Contributor

My cousin is a veterinarian and states that exact thing, animals find us!!!!

Honored Contributor

I know few people (DH excluded) who provide such comfort, support, unconditional love, sense what you need when sick, provide companionship, always joyous to see you....What other human qualities could they have? 

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

My cousin is a veterinarian and states that exact thing, animals find us!!!!

I agree, animals choose us!  I must also add, animals rule us.  Think about it, I'm sure you'll agree!

Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Would you get chosen to be their "human"?

I've had several cats "choose" me, but if they had other humans to choose...I dunno.

(And although I adore all big cats, please don't choose me as I'd need to work several jobs to keep you fed.)Cat Wink

If the measure of superiority is who's working on whose behalf, my cats are top dog in my house. Until I can teach them to cut wood and type and they agree to go to work and pay for their own food and doctor bills, that's the way it will stay. They've gotten me to feel happy with that. Tactically, they're definitely superior.

Honored Contributor

"What if" has already been answered.  They are.

And they choose us, whether we realize it or not.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion, dogs are the best people.

Respected Contributor

I appreciate and agree with many of your thoughts.  I guess I just worded this wrong.

I meant do you consider yourself a human that an unknown pet would choose as their human?

I.E., one of my cats was adopted from a shelter by my 1st husband and I.  We had a pure white longhaired male cat and wanted to adopt a companion for him.. I saw a gorgeous long-haired gray cat I loved, but DH spotted a skinny female black cat he preferred.  I went along with it, but we were unable to take the black cat that same day.

II returned to pick her up several days later, and she rode on my shoulder the entire way home.  After that, I was HER human (sitting on the edge of the tub while showering and more).  After that, I adored her, even though she wasn't my 1st choice,

I just wonder if any other pets woulld choose me like that.

Denise