Honored Contributor

Re: What do you love most about your pet?

[ Edited ]

Frankie is perfect in every way.  I couldn't pick one thing that I love most.  She is very affectionate.  I love the way she's so friendly and endears herself to everyone she meets. I have new housekeepers, and they came for the 2nd time today.  I was leaving, so I put Frankie in my office behind the baby gate so she wouldn't follow them around and bother them.  Before I left they had already let her out of the room and said they loved to have her with them and she wouldn't bother them.

I'm having new siding put on my house and have had several people come over to give me estimates.  The first two people bent down to pet Frankie and make over her.  The third one walked in and asked if she would attack him.  She's just a 22 lb. french bulldog.  I had to laugh, but he wasn't the one I chose for the job!

She's very well behaved but playful at the same time.  She's hilarious, too, with some of the things that she does.  When she gets excited she will put her head back and roo.  She has such a great personality.  I've had many dogs, and she is by far one of the best I've ever had.  I've loved them all though.  I live alone, and I really don't know what I'd do without her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

New Contributor

We adopted a Dachshund Rescue from "Dachshund Rescue of Bucks County and New Jersey".  One of the best things we ever did.  We love our Cody so much.  I had to get  eye surgery last week.  He climbed up on my lap, and kissed the other side of my face.  It's like he knew that his mama had a boo boo.  Also, if QVC members sign up at "iGive", this Dachshund Rescure benefits from your online purchases.  What a great way to help a very dedicated rescue group.  "iGive"  also lists other charties.  Just think if you all get the word out, so many charities will benefit!  Thanks to QVC for hooking up with them! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

That I don't have to walk them.

Just thought I'd add a post from the feline perspective. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I love everything about my sweet baby boy, Toby.

• I love the way he turns upside down on his back expecting a tummy scratch EVERY time I walk ANYWHERE near him.
  • I love the way he gives me sugar every time I pucker up.
  • I love the way he checks the perimeter every night when we go to bed to make sure we're safe.
  • I love the way he shares all my desserts.
  • I love the way he smells when I bathe him in WEN.
  • I love the way he is always on his best behavior when we take him out to eat at dog friendly places.  He makes the human children look like hellions!
  • I love the way he chases the little crabs on the beach in the morning when they come out of their holes.
  • I.LOVE.HIM!!

@SurferWife

Mr. Toby is a STAR!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved our dogs because no matter what kind of day we are having, they always make us smile.

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

My two beautiful little mini and toy poodles both passed away a couple years back......but the memories are great...and i think the thing i loved the most was looking into those beautiful, loving , trusting and innocent eyes....Smiley Happy

Give your pet a hug......they are so precious!!  and Enjoy

them!!

@kelsey17 - My boy dog, Scully, passed two years ago this July.  It's funny how at the strangest times I'll remember some sweet little thing he did and it makes me laugh, then makes me cry because I miss him so.  Tonite as I was tending to Sedona, I remembered another silly thing he did. 

Respected Contributor

I have 3 long haired chihuahuas and a Frenchie. Jax in my avatar is so goofy and silly he keeps me entertained constantly. I love that best about him but there's so much more. My 15 yr old chi Bella well her feistiness and her beauty. Even to this day she is gorgeous. Mia chi is so sweet and desperate to give her love away to anyone. I say if she were a human girl she would be a stalker. Fender chi well he's my husbands dog he barely tolerates me. He sure knows how to wrap me around his paw. He gives me that look when I'm eating and I have to give him a bite even knowing after he gets it he'll ignore and run from me anytime I try to pet him. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love how my Khloe greets me when I come home. Doesn't matter if I was at work or just a quick run to the store, she just loves over me when I open that door.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too hard to just choose ONE. Smiley Happy

I love how sweet and gentle and loving she is. She seems so intuitive -- she knows when to be gentle (as she has always been, esp with babies!). I love how she looks at me with those big eyes. She gives me that Puss in Boots wide eyed gaze, and my heart just melts. Smiley Happy  I love how she looks sooooooo girly, yet is such a tomboy! haha  I love putting hair bows on her cutiepie head, and they color coordinate to her grooming bands and harness. But she would much rather be tumbling and tossing and running about, playing tug of war with her PawPaw (that is hubby!! lol) and her squeaky toys. By the time she is done playing, her topknot looks like a beret.....hanging off to the side. I love how she gives me tons of puppy kisses and can be a cuddle bug, yet is such a big girl and can be a bit independent or aloof (until she wants to cuddle you!) --- she never has had separation anxiety, thankfully. On the other hand, we have never left her alone for more than a couple of hours, at most. While we are gone, though, she is perfectly behaved, on our bed, with the tv on. Smiley Happy  I cannot bear to be gone from her for too long --- I would be a worried wreck. She sometimes gets a reverse sneeze, and I would drive my husband crazy if we were away, by thinking the worst...the What Ifs.... .

I love how her warm little body spoons us in bed. Smiley Happy  And I love her little snore. I do not think I could fall asleep without hearing it. haha  She rarely snores much now, compared to how much she did when just a puppy.

I LOVE her sweet sweet spirit. I LOVE how smart she is. She outwits me constantly. lol

The unconditional love that furbabies give us ---- that is priceless! 

She was my Valentine gift from my hubby in 2002. She is now 15 yo, yet still acts like a puppy!

She is the BEST gift I have ever received! Smiley Happy

Here she is when she was still in full coat. She was about 10 yo here. I made this into a Xmas card. It's one of my very favorite pictures of her. 

Sedona Xmas

____

And this is my cutie pie now, at 15 yo! She still looks like a puppy, and acts it too!  I took this pic a few months ago. 

Sedona in Her Cute Warm New Sweater!

I love her SO much, yet she is a total Daddy's Girl! She's got him wrapped around her paw. I love watching this big jock of a guy, 6'4", 228 lbs, who played college football .....take her for walks. Him in his rugged jeans and boots, walking this tiny fluffball with her pink bow and matching harness. Just too cute! lol

....and to think he wanted a Neopolitan Mastiff at first!! LOL 

You cannot part the two of them. He loves her every bit as much as I do. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love how my Cody makes me feel like the most special person in his life!

His love is unconditional, unwavering, and overflowing.  He makes me laugh and smile every single solitary day.

He's my joy, my sweet Labrador BOY!!!!