Regular Contributor

Re: What Was Your First Dog's Name?

Nipper was a mutt puppy I brought home. Got his name from my father who said he kept getting "nipped" by him.

Honored Contributor

As a child, a boxer named Daisy June.

As a married couple, a bloodhound named Jeremiah.

Bloodhound - Price, Temperament, Life span

undefined

Honored Contributor

My family had a Cocker Spaniel named Sandy  when I was very young...maybe 3 to 4 years old.

After that I got a poodle mix named Suzette ( she was already named) when I was in high school.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee 

Cute cartoon!  thanks for sharing this! Woman Happy

My 1st dog, was as a child, gift from my Aunt & Uncle in Germany.  Was a Miniature Dachshund, we named "Schatzie."  (of course *wink*)

Not used as a Security Question, 'cause I had to look up the spelling of both words!

Contributor

His name was Billy

Respected Contributor

Wow!  @lovemybichonfrise

What a sad story.  This would have an effect on me the rest of my life.   *hug*

My little Schatzie didnt last with us long either.  She was chewing a hole thru a Navy wool blanket.  I lived in a house where my sister & I loved, now super duper, passionately love pets, perhaps as a reaction to a series of such childhood pet heartbreaks.  We lived in a house where 2/3 of the family didnt adore pets like she & I did.

But as adults, we both made up for it, big time!! *w*

My friends tell me, "when they die, they want to come back as a pet of mine."

Just today, continuing to pack this house up, I had to remove a "motion light" at the entrance to the bathroom, put there, so the kitties would see clearly to the Potty Box, when approaching. heh

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee 

Thanks for that cartoon!  Funny and true!  Our first dog left this world 33 years ago and my husband and I still use variations of her name for passwords.

Respected Contributor

My dogs name was Outlaw. He was a German Shepherd. He was the best. Still miss him.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee - Our beautiful German Shepherd was in the family when I was born, actually in my dad's life before my parents were married. She was my best friend and constant companion. She died when I was 5-1/2. Her name was Queenie. Her dad's name was King, and the only puppy in the litter that looked like him was a girl. Her dad King was rescued from a concentration camp after WWII ended. 

We never had another dog. Later on an abused kitty found her way to us. I was about 13. If that hadn't happened my life would have been completely different!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I was in the 3rd grade,my parents got a boxer pup,my dad named her cindy lynn.

@goldensrbest,That is the cutest name!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"