Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Was Your First Dog's Name?

A collie named Susie.

When I was about three we evidently had a black Spaniel of some kind (I've only seen pics). My sister was born with double club feet and had both legs in casts off and on from right after birth to school age.

When she was in her stroller the dog liked to ****** at her toes sticking out from the casts. Sister would clunk the pooch on his/her head with her foot which was covered in a cast.

My parents either had to get rid of the pooch or the kid.  They chose to keep my sister. No clue what the poor dog's name was.

Respected Contributor

Muggsy.  My parents named him because of his cute mug.  He was part bull dog and part mystery breed.  He was one year older than I was and lived to be 20!  Sweet and gentle.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

A fluffy white terrier mix..Penny

Esteemed Contributor

My first family dog was a toy collie named Mitzi and when I left home after college my first dog was a miniature poodle named Skoshi.

Respected Contributor

Bob.

Honored Contributor

We got a beagle puppy that we named Dutchess 😁..

Super Contributor

I was 4 yrs old, the only child for 10 yrs and sick with bronchitis every fall and winter.  I begged my mom and dad for a puppy but the answer was always no.  My dad, having grown up with dogs, came home one night with a little black dog and we named him Pepper.  His stay was short lived because my mom thought he was contributing to my illness.  I cried and cried and missed my little dog.  We moved to another house and town where I began first grade.  My dad knew someone at work who was giving away Springer Spaniel pups brought one home against my mom's wishes.  We called her Rusty because of her coloring.  She also had a short stay with us and dad was able to find someone to take her.  I went with him to drop her off, crying all the way there and back home.  The woman told me I was welcome to come and visit Rusty whenever I wanted.  I went twice before mom pulled the plug on that too saying I couldn't keep bothering the woman.  :*

Trusted Contributor

a boxer - sam 

Honored Contributor

Bear - a terrier mix

Honored Contributor

She was a black miniature poodle named Angelique. Of course we called her Angel and she was the smartest animal I've ever had.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan