Super Contributor

Re: What Some Animal Rights Groups Are Really About

I used to donate to a lot of Groups but after doing some research I am now very careful who I donate to.  A lot of the major groups have insane salaries for their CEO's which are listed on Charity Navigator.  They also have very interesting posts about various Groups.  I did not know that WWF supports canned hunts.  I was shocked to hear about that.  I also hate the fact that when you donate to one group you get inundated with requests from other groups which means they sell your information. Very few of them have the option to OPT out from having your information shared.   I asked for help a couple of times rescuing some starving horses and did not get any.  I rescued numerous cats and dogs myself.  Paid for their medical care and found new homes for them.  At one time I had 12 cats, all of them lived to be 16+ years.  I joked the other day the money I spent would have bought me several nice cars.   I always wonder how much good these groups could do if they would band together,  They would have the power to get laws passed and do so much more.  Instead they are fractured and a lot of the money goes to pay the CEO's and administrative costs.  Considering how badly our planet is being trashed and how many animals have gone extinct in the last few years these groups don't do very much.  It has gotten so much worse during this administration that seems to get rid of the few protective laws we had.

Super Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

I found out a long time ago that PETA prefers animals be euthanized rather than have them become loved members of a family. I never have and never will donate to that horrible organization. I wish more people understood what they are really all about. Thanks for posting this.

that's nuts

Not quite true.  They do support euthanizing animals rather than having them suffer in horrible conditions that some "rescues" have.   There are some excellent rescues that do everything right and then there are those where the animals are kept in horrible conditions without medical care and adopters are not screened which makes for a revolving door. 

Super Contributor

Wish there were more people like you.  The world would be a better place.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's best to support local rescues where you can see what they do with your money and how they treat animals...