Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I couldn't agree more!

My brother has had pit bulls as part of his family for years. My favorite dog (outside of my own fur babies) was a three legged pit. He had been in an accident and his "people" threw him on the side of the road. A good samaritan found him and took him to the vet. His leg needed to be amputated and my brother took him. He was the kindest, sweetest, most loving dog. He lived the rest of his life, happy, contented and loved. I think of him almost every day and will miss him always.

Honored Contributor

There are no "bad" dogs. There ARE bad or irresponsible owners.

Years ago  I was terrified of pitties. Then I started watching Pit Bulls and Parolees. What a game changer. Tia and her crew do so much good for these and other dogs.

The rate of abandoned and abused dogs in Louisiana is astounding, as she has well documented.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

There are no "bad" dogs. There ARE bad or irresponsible owners.

Years ago  I was terrified of pitties. Then I started watching Pit Bulls and Parolees. What a game changer. Tia and her crew do so much good for these and other dogs.

The rate of abandoned and abused dogs in Louisiana is astounding, as she has well documented.

Yes, Pit Bulls and Parolees was a game changer! She and her children and everyone who works there have changed perceptions and broken down the stigma that the breed has carried for so long. I'm so sad this is the last season...I hope they will be able to continue without the income that the show provided.

Respected Contributor

Apparently, it's human to blame another species for aggression and bad behavior.....Time to stop that cr*p!  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@DSD2 Some time ago on her FB page she posted about a couple of other ways to watch new and different shows.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@DSD2 Some time ago on her FB page she posted about a couple of other ways to watch new and different shows.

I'll see what I can find online. I'm not on FB. Thank you @Love my grandkids 

Honored Contributor

I've probably said this before but when I first heard my son was going to get an American pitbull I thought why?!

I too had only known fear of them.

The then one became 3 most loving, sensitive, sometimes goofy dogs and we were so lucky to have the best dogs in the world. Once you have one you would know why people who do can never imagine having  more loving, sensitive to you dogs, always with you every step of the way in your life. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"