Honored Contributor

❤️❤️❤️❤️ these little agility dogs!  I'm watching and yelling "good boy" and poor Toby wakes up from his nap  and comes running as if I'm talking to him...the non-sporting dog that he is. 😂😂😂😂😂

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Westminster Agility Show

I loved "Plop"   reminded me of plop plop fizz fizz what a relief it is.

Some of those handlers were actually the problem, they couldn't keep up with the dog or they got confused, thus the dog was confused.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife   My Jack Russell, Snickers was sleeping as I was cheering the dogs on. She looked at me and I told her dogs were on TV. She went to the door.

My older Jack Russell understood TV and watched it.

I picked Snickers up and showed her the dog running. When I put her down she sat and watched awhile and went to the door. 
   Jack Russells usually aren't in agility because of their short concentration span. 
   I did feel sorry for the owner who fell and his dog came to help and kept kissing him. He almost fell on the dog.

It was a hard course.

🐶 🐾 🚧 🪜 📺 🥇🏆

Super Contributor

Gracie is from my town in NJ.

Trusted Contributor

It was my first time to see this. I loved it. These dogs are amazing 

Respected Contributor

I felt sorry for the guy who fell down and ruined his dog's chances.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@SurferWife   My Jack Russell, Snickers was sleeping as I was cheering the dogs on. She looked at me and I told her dogs were on TV. She went to the door.

My older Jack Russell understood TV and watched it.

I picked Snickers up and showed her the dog running. When I put her down she sat and watched awhile and went to the door. 
   Jack Russells usually aren't in agility because of their short concentration span. 
   I did feel sorry for the owner who fell and his dog came to help and kept kissing him. He almost fell on the dog.

It was a hard course.

🐶 🐾 🚧 🪜 📺 🥇🏆

There are lots of Jack Russell, all terriers, in agility.  I have seen just about every breed run ( think Bassett hounds or bull dogs) There were many at Westminster, just didn't make the televised finals.  It is just a game for most.....all dogs love games.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I felt sorry for the guy who fell down and ruined his dog's chances.

Having been in that position (not a televised competition, rather a local trial), the dog doesn't care he was having fun playing the game.  Yet every handler has taken a tumble at some point. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.