Valued Contributor

Westminster 2022 Has Started!

[ Edited ]

Well, it's June 18th and Westminster is on. At 8AM EDT the Preliminary Masters Agility Course will be starting. For those who read my March 20 post, the prelims are not televised but broadcast on Westminster's website at the web address of westminsterkennelclub dot org. You can watch it there or stream to YouTube or to a SmartTV if one is available.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Westminster 2022 Has Started!

@Xivambala  Thanks for the heads-up! I just can't get used to it not being in the winter in MSG. Spending time with the grandkids, so might not be able to see much. But, maybe I can convince them to watch.on Monday or Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala   I had saved your original post that you made earlier about this.  I looked at it the other day thinking it might be coming up.  I've got my DVR set to record it!  Thank you so much for posting this.  I'm not sure I would have known about it otherwise.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

I watched most of the prelims on my SmartTV today. They started with the littles and ended with the large dogs in the 20-24" size. I was surprised at how many Golden Retrievers were entered. There is a very small Boston Terrier who runs like the wind. We all know the Border Collies dominate but there were some Goldens and Weimaraners that are going to give them a run for their money! Finals tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala   I've got Best of Breeds Days 1, 2 and 3 set to record plus the show.  I look forward to this every year, but I don't think I've ever recorded the Best of Breeds before.  I don't know if that part wasn't televised or if I just didn't know about it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Xivambala   I've got Best of Breeds Days 1, 2 and 3 set to record plus the show.  I look forward to this every year, but I don't think I've ever recorded the Best of Breeds before.  I don't know if that part wasn't televised or if I just didn't know about it.

@NickNack 

I've been out with appointments the past two days. That Best of Breeds show seems to be a condensed version of the individual breed judging. You can watch the breed judging live from the Westminster Kennel Club website, but they have so many rings going simultaneously, it's hard to keep up. I saw the show rerun late last night and then picked the specific breeds I like and watched the judging on YouTube where they are uploaded. Will probably do the same tonight after the live group judging.